CLS55 AMG Dyno Results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That gaffer tape is powerful stuff 😉👍

Amazing Engine the M113k.

That's a mighty impressive torque figure given std is supposed to be about 515lbft as yours is a 2005 it will most likely have the late version SL55 blower on it like mine which may explain why it's putting out really good numbers. Hoping to get PLM V2 charge cooler fitted some point this year and maybe some PLM shorty headers then a map so hope mine makes similar numbers to yours would be very happy with that for sure.

That's a mighty impressive torque figure given std is supposed to be about 515lbft as yours is a 2005 it will most likely have the late version SL55 blower on it like mine which may explain why it's putting out really good numbers. Hoping to get PLM V2 charge cooler fitted some point this year and maybe some PLM shorty headers then a map so hope mine makes similar numbers to yours would be very happy with that for sure.
Keep us all posted on your progress mate.

Keep us all posted on your progress mate.
Ive not heard of a supercharger change within cls55 production before. Is there any way to tell which is fitted visually?

the part number stamped into the top of the casting above the AMG engineers badge the early one ends 280 the later revised one ends 580 A1130900280 and A1130900580 most AMG 55 cars made from 2005 onwards seem to be fitted with A1130900580 2002-2004 seem to have mainly A1130900280 the odd very late 2004 plates which were made early 2005 but registered as 2004 before March plate changes could have later version installed.

For what it’s worth, those plastic intake pipes are cheap to buy from MB - forget exactly but I’m sure about £10 each or something when I last bought some.

Can’t imagine them making huge differences to the dyno figures though obviously not ideal with holes in them!

Might be worth checking the engine mounts if they’re original, could be why they’re holed :)

the part number stamped into the top of the casting above the AMG engineers badge the early one ends 280 the later revised one ends 580 A1130900280 and A1130900580 most AMG 55 cars made from 2005 onwards seem to be fitted with A1130900580 2002-2004 seem to have mainly A1130900280 the odd very late 2004 plates which were made early 2005 but registered as 2004 before March plate changes could have later version installed.
thanks . any idea what the difference is? Mine is indeed a 580 being a late cls55

The ridiculous heat from the engine I can well believe they'd throw the IAT's well out and reduce power a bit, also the plastic tends to get really really brittle after 60-100k miles worth of heat cycling thankfully the air boxes seem to be made out of a plastic composite and not effected but anything else like air intake pipes, plug connectors and certain pipes on PCV system all fall apart if touched or moved around too much.

580 has different gearing to produce more boost over the 280 model 280 produces .99 bar and 580 produces 1.1 bar adding smaller pulleys makes this even more potentially potent over the 280 version as well.

Interesting read on this W210 Wagon with a M113K swap as well as matching 722 gearbox both modified for more power and quicker shifts producing over 600bhp now and shifts on this are super quick didn't realize though that all M113K boxes from 2005 have faster shifting solenoids always wondered why everyone was moaning about their boxes as mine has never bothered me much in manual or sport mode thought it was pretty good for slush box!

For what it’s worth, those plastic intake pipes are cheap to buy from MB - forget exactly but I’m sure about £10 each or something when I last bought some.

Can’t imagine them making huge differences to the dyno figures though obviously not ideal with holes in them!

Might be worth checking the engine mounts if they’re original, could be why they’re holed :)
If you put your hand next to the air intake pipes, the heat from the engine is very noticeable. That hot air getting into the supercharger is recognized by the ECU, which then retards the timing of the engine, thus reducing the power. Hard to believe just a split air intake pipe robbed me of 70 bhp. Gaffer tape to the rescue!!

If you put your hand next to the air intake pipes, the heat from the engine is very noticeable. That hot air getting into the supercharger is recognized by the ECU, which then retards the timing of the engine, thus reducing the power. Hard to believe just a split air intake pipe robbed me of 70 bhp. Gaffer tape to the rescue!!
Sure, I was just surprised it made 70bhp difference in a dyno room?

Checked mine and it ends with 580. This might explain the more than surprising power figs I got with just a remap and x pipe. Pity the roads are so crud laden I cant use the power. Next winter Im gonna sorn it until April at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom