CLS55 AMG Pulley and Remap Results at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
Car went in for a remap / pulley but no time for X-Pipe, before and after runs were done, the results as follows with figures at the wheels, in brackets I have put calculated flywheel figures. The dynamometer is a Dynojet:

Standard - 423.7bhp / 475lb/ft (500bhp / 560lb/ft)

Remapped - 481.7bhp / 541lb/ft (568bhp / 638lb/ft)

Nice and strong standard figures which is certainly how it felt when driving, but great results post pulley and remap. Only other things done were shorter belt (Gates 8PK1275), cleaned the intakes and fitted fresh new paper filters.

Just got the exhaust mods to do now and will then be happy :D

Jules

Attachments

• msl.jpg
    msl.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 70
Very clean, smooth graph Jules. Really impressive but then again, wouldn't expect anything less.
It's pretty close to the figures of your last CLS55 so you must be well happy :)

Nice Jules:thumb:

Those figures are good and I think stronger than equally modded cars when we had the dyno day at MSL last year on same dyno. Different day I know but still should give reasonable comparison.

I now have PLM shorty headers on mine in addition to the pulley and map and my figures only just shade your results. Mine was 487bhp and 565lb/ft at the wheels.

Glad to see you back in the AMG fold mate. Need some pics of the new car or have I missed them somewhere?

The CLS original AMG shape is just timeless. Still looks modern. Like the R230 SL.

Love it great work.

better color this time :) welcome back mate

better color this time :) welcome back mate

Agreed. I think the wheels suit the car also, I was unsure at first and was going to search for some std 5 spokes, but think I'll stick with these.

Jules

Not sure about the colour lol...Welcome back pal:thumb:

Nice Jules:thumb:

Those figures are good and I think stronger than equally modded cars when we had the dyno day at MSL last year on same dyno. Different day I know but still should give reasonable comparison.

I now have PLM shorty headers on mine in addition to the pulley and map and my figures only just shade your results. Mine was 487bhp and 565lb/ft at the wheels.

Glad to see you back in the AMG fold mate. Need some pics of the new car or have I missed them somewhere?

It's good to be back.

The figures took some getting but the base figures were quite strong and as I mentioned to Acid I expected this in the way it drove. You can only then hope that the pulley and remap will reap good gains which they did eventually. If the X pipe / resonator delete had been done then I was hoping it would roughly match my old CLS, which it pretty much will once done.

Not as bothered this time about peak figures as we all know that's not that important, 10-20bhp in these cars at 500bhp+ is barely noticeable. The car will be perfect once the exhaust is done to release the real AMG soundtrack :D

Your headers was the right next mod, bet it sounds great. That's a cracking torque figure and 30 up on mine so shows the benefit.

Looking forward to some future meets.

Jules

Not sure about the colour lol...Welcome back pal:thumb:

:D

Hi David, hope you are well.

I have to admit I am loving the colour, don't get me wrong the Obsidian Black looked awesome, but iridium silver looks amazing in daylight, almost a metallic glow to it. I've never really noticed how good this colour is before and it's quite common as well I believe.

Jules

Car looks good nice one mate.

Ignoring the figures, what was the drive in/drive out difference in feel?

Car looks great Jules:thumb:

Tbh - I prefer black but a CLS looks good in any colour. I met a few of the guys today and 2 of the amg's were iridium silver which looks totally different to mine which is brilliant silver. It is slightly lighter with a blue hue and looks more modern and fresh compared to mine I would say. Anyway mate good to see you back.

I got PLM shorty headers which are a direct bolt on replacement as I didn't want to lose any of my cats. I'm well happy with them but wouldn't say the sound has changed much with them.

I always understood that the secondary cat / resonator delete just offered more sound and didn't give a performance increase. I had it done yo mine but actually had it reverted back to stock prior to then fitting the c63 rear boxes. I prefer it with the stock system tbh. Your previous CLS sounded great so its a no brained for you to do same as before:thumb:

Hi Simon,

Your car must be spot on now. Great set of mods and well looked after.

The freer flowing exhaust definitely adds a few horses, not many but estimate 2-5%. I can remember comparing our graphs post SRR a while back and the cars without Xpipe / resonator delete showed better low down torque, whereas my car had better mid to high torque (mine had matching sized diameter Xpipe and straight pipes), so makes sense.

I know what you mean about Black, I still love my old CLS and it pains me to see it now, it had amazing spec and I kept it looking great. The Silver is growing on me fast though and friends and family think it's more me lol.

Looking forward to the next meet to catch up with some old(er) and new faces.

Jules
Car looks great Jules:thumb:

Tbh - I prefer black but a CLS looks good in any colour. I met a few of the guys today and 2 of the amg's were iridium silver which looks totally different to mine which is brilliant silver. It is slightly lighter with a blue hue and looks more modern and fresh compared to mine I would say. Anyway mate good to see you back.

I got PLM shorty headers which are a direct bolt on replacement as I didn't want to lose any of my cats. I'm well happy with them but wouldn't say the sound has changed much with them.

I always understood that the secondary cat / resonator delete just offered more sound and didn't give a performance increase. I had it done yo mine but actually had it reverted back to stock prior to then fitting the c63 rear boxes. I prefer it with the stock system tbh. Your previous CLS sounded great so its a no brained for you to do same as before:thumb:

Last edited:
They were probably comparing it to the full gangsta you did to it rather than that it was just black :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom