CLS55 AMG Sale Soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
I've decided I am going to put my beloved CLS55 AMG up for sale in the next couple of weeks. I've toyed with changing for either a CLS63 or E63 biturbo for a while and find myself giving in to temptation.

Most who know me know that I look after my cars and my CLS55 is no exception. It's iridium silver with grey and black interior with piano black inserts. It also has some fairly rare AMG alloys that support its looks. Only 79k on the clock and in fabulous condition, it wants for nothing and will be serviced ahead of time ready for sale. This year has had discs, pads and tyres all around as well as a new alternator and battery.

If anyone is interested and would like a nosey then the car will be at MSL this Sunday, I'd be glad to show you around. It's in for a service. Please be aware that whilst it will be looking fantastic, I will be getting it fully prepared and ready for sale later next week.

I'll be putting an advert together early next week and would love it to go to another forum member.

Jules

Last edited:
As one door closes another one opens pal...

Is it the facelift E63 you're looking at? It'll be a hard choice, I really like them both.

As one door closes another one opens pal...

Is it the facelift E63 you're looking at? It'll be a hard choice, I really like them both.
Absolutely.

Prefer facelift E63 but would consider both depending on the price difference, however I am nudging towards the CLS.

Over the past few months I've considered the XJ Supersport, Maserati Gransport, C6 RS6 as well as the Mercs. The Mercs keep coming out on top.....

Jules

You are 2.5 months too late ....but otherwise I would've been really keen mate
Sounds like a beauty !!

Whoever buys your CLS will be getting a great car.
Not quite in the position to buy an E63 biturbo yet, but that will follow my 55k.
(Anything slower will be a disappointment:D)

Whoever buys your CLS will be getting a great car.
Not quite in the position to buy an E63 biturbo yet, but that will follow my 55k.
(Anything slower will be a disappointment:D)

Agreed that's why I'd love it to go to a forum member as it would be good to know it's in forum hands. Also agree on performance, the CLS is phenomenal so will be great to move to something even quicker albeit with a totally different delivery.

Jules

Good luck with it Jules...who ever buys it will be getting a properly sorted machine!:thumb:

Absolutely.

Prefer facelift E63 but would consider both depending on the price difference, however I am nudging towards the CLS.

Over the past few months I've considered the XJ Supersport, Maserati Gransport, C6 RS6 as well as the Mercs. The Mercs keep coming out on top.....

Jules
Surely a Quattroporte has to be up there. I'm a big fan of the Supersport aswell. Wish I had bought one in the first place instead of the diesel!

Surely a Quattroporte has to be up there. I'm a big fan of the Supersport aswell. Wish I had bought one in the first place instead of the diesel!

I really do like Maseratis. Years and years ago I was very tempted by a Ghibli and even nearly bought the earlier generation Quattroporte (showing my age now). I had a deposit on a 3200 as I saw it as the natural big step up from the Fiat Coupe 20VT I had at the time, but changed my mind at the last minute. The Quattroporte just doesn't do it for me, not enough power (for me) and just a touch too big and bulbous looking (prefer the XJ even though that's arguably the same in many people's eyes). A friend has recently bought a new shape Ghibli (had a C63 prior to this) and it's lovely, for me it looks like a scaled down version of the Quattroporte albeit better looking. For a diesel it actually sounds great which is a bonus!

Jules

The only other cars that have been considered are;

Maserati Granturismo - looks and sounds great, but would want more power. Would possibly also look a **** driving it (middle age man / mid life crisis stereotype lol). My two young boys love it!

BMW F10 M5 - Bland and similar blandness to the E63, but prefer the E63, has plenty of power and can be easily tuned for more. BMW image.....

A V8 petrol DS or ZF Quattroporte is a far better drive than a new Ghibli. A Ghibli is half the cost and half the car. The Jag is a more comfortable car but still decent to drive. The pre-facelift QP's are a real drivers car but still decently comfortable.

A QP is on my list and will be mine soon ;)

Haha, was only comparing the new Ghibli on looks nothing else. Sounds like you are close to Quattroporte ownership so congrats and enjoy it.

Do you prefer the QP to the Supersport?
Jules

Very different cars. The Supersport has more power but for me the QP is the more around drivers car. Depends what you want really. The QP is a bit more natural/organic to me. Both are cars and cracking value for money 2nd hand. The Jag drops like a stone & keeps going the QP is not far behind. You can do no wrong with either in my book.

Need to sell my XJ before I can get the QP really.

A GT MC Stradale is not bad. Not far off 500 horses & can be made higher.

I don't think I could deal with a modern M5 these days. I'd prefer an E34 or E39 rather than these new ones. Showing my age!

Nope pal, been stood for ages so needs plenty of my TLC, he started it and decided he likes the V8 XKR sound again and wants to keep:dk::mad:, may come back to me...

Cheers David. Did you get the Jag?

Last edited:
I am now well and truly looking for a replacement AMG, if you know of, spot an earlyish '63 biturbo then let me know. Plus any pointers on what to look for, optional extras etc would be great. I've only put my lovely CLS 55 on here, but will put it on eBay, auto trader, Pheads soon.

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom