CLS55 AMG - Upgrade 18" to 19" OEM wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GT3RS

Car
No more cars!
Hey guys,

I want to upgrade the 18" OEM wheels on my 2005 CLS55 AMG to the 19" OEM wheels that were optional for this model. The reason for this is so I can use Michelin Super Sport tyres which are amazing :)

Got a few questions:

1. Where would be the best place to get the 19" OEM wheels apart from main dealer? These are the 5 spoke AMG star shaped wheels.

2. Would any changes need to be made to the computer after changing the wheels, e.g. for tyre pressure monitoring, air suspension, etc?

3. How much do you think I could get for my OEM 18" wheels that came on the car from new? They are in pretty good condition and have Michelin PS3 tyres which have only done 2k miles (car has had a proper GEO from Center Gravity when they were put on).

Many thanks in advance!

Good priced genuine AMG rims usually but not showing any atm.. I think they are having probs with the website?

Mercedes CLS Class Alloys (C219) - Alloy Wheels Direct

If you have tyre pressure values displayed in the cluster then you will need to fit sensor valves to retain the function. If you just have the tyre pressure loss warning system then simply reset via the cluster. Nothing needed suspension wise..

Last edited:
Good priced genuine AMG rims

Mercedes CLS Class Alloys (C219) - Alloy Wheels Direct

If you have tyre pressure values displayed in the cluster then you will need to fit sensor valves to retain the function. If you just have the tyre pressure loss warning system then simply reset via the cluster. Nothing needed suspension wise..

Many thanks for your prompt response and the info!

I looked at that site yesterday but they do not have the OEM 19" 5 spoke wheels that came as an option on the CLS55.

Seems no matter what model one searches for only returns Brabus?

I bought my 18" AMG rims for the 203 from Chris. Great service and only sells genuine MB rims

Seems no matter what model one searches for only returns Brabus?

I bought my 18" AMG rims for the 203 from Chris. Great service and only sells genuine MB rims

It appears the site has been updated recently (2015) so I do wonder if the omission of the MB wheels is deliberate?
I would give them a call on 01865 959000 or use the email contact on their webpage and ask the position.

Thanks guys - I'm going to contact them now... Will provide an update when I get a response.

Hi,
Could be interested in your 18"s, as I,m looking for a set of OEM AMG wheels (18"s or 19"s for my CLS55, got any pics? Where in the country are you?

Hi,
Could be interested in your 18"s, as I,m looking for a set of OEM AMG wheels (18"s or 19"s for my CLS55, got any pics? Where in the country are you?

Hi I'm in London. I don't have any close up pics right now. They appear to have been blown over by the previous owner but look fine though one of the wheels has a small chip on the edge. The PS3s are almost new.

Though I need to get the new wheels sorted before I can take the old off :)

Ok if you can get some pics and if you go to my forum profile and contacts you should see a link to my e-mail address.
London not to far from me, if i was to have them would you be willing to meet halfway say eg. M3, Fleet Services maybe (depends where in London you are) or open to suggestions.

I just sold a good set of 19" oem's off my cls55 only last week!

Thats really ironic :crazy: because I nearly commented on your thread, with the pics and the new wheels to find out what you had done with old wheels, wish I had now :eek:

UPDATE - Got an email response saying there is currently a supply issue with MB so the wheels have been taken off the site. They said to contact them in a few weeks for an update.

Ok if you can get some pics and if you go to my forum profile and contacts you should see a link to my e-mail address.
London not to far from me, if i was to have them would you be willing to meet halfway say eg. M3, Fleet Services maybe (depends where in London you are) or open to suggestions.

Thanks - I can't use the PM utility until I have 30 posts...

Anyway, I have to wait a few weeks until the 19" wheels come back into stock :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom