CLS55 AMG Vin No. Required for a RetroFit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi Guys,
I am finding myself in need of a little project to do, my CLS55 is quite highly optioned from the factory but one thing I have always wanted to fit was Linguatronic.
I know many of you will say that it is really not worth the hassle as its pretty useless especially on a MY 2006 ntg1 equipped car but it is one of two options the car never came with, the other being keyless go, have thought about retro fitting it but the scope of the retro fit seems very daunting.
So I have decided that I would go with the Linguatronic as it seems to be that it will be easier to carry out and maybe tackle the keyless at a later date.
As I keep my cars for a few years this/these fits will be carried out over a period of time depending on availability of parts.
I have just got the OEM EPC but I am finding it hard to navigate without a specific Chassis no, of a car with Linguatronic.
Could a some kind soul either post up or send me their Linguatronic equipped CLS55 Chassis No. if it has Keyless more the better.
If I manage to do it I will keep a record and post pics for the forum.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I am of course all for modding and retrofitting, its always great to watch any video - like the old days were people used to manually spec up their cars on here (eg, W202s).

However, Linguatronic is totally, totally pointless. I have a newer version that what you potentially will fit and even that isnt any good. (yours would be even worse) It works well, as in recognises my voice. but its slower than actually pressing a button. Dialling someone with it is ridiculously complicated.

Id fit the keyless go instead if I were you, you will NEVER use the Linguatronic.

Good luck and document everything you end up doing!

Hi Karl,
I agree with you totally, regarding how rubbish it would be and I to have the later version in my 65 plate 207, and never actually use it, buts its more about the challenge to be honest.
Did you're CLS55 have Linguatronic and/or keyless by any chance?

afraid not, otherwise I would have provided VIN for you. it only had fairly standard spec :(

In the classic EPC, you could choose the car by model (as opposed to by VIN), at which point all options will show (i.e. no option will be greyed-out). But choosing by model does not seem to work on the new EPC interface. Though, you could still use the Russian websites for model-based EPC.

I usually search eBay for a high spec car and use the reg to get the VIN.

In the classic EPC, you could choose the car by model (as opposed to by VIN), at which point all options will show (i.e. no option will be greyed-out). But choosing by model does not seem to work on the new EPC interface. Though, you could still use the Russian websites for model-based EPC.
I agree, and that is how I identified the parts for my Distronic and OEM Xenons on my C43, but i have noticed on my 207 that not all the option diagrams come up even with all the filters off.

If you have a car with the options fitted PM me the reg. and I'll let you know the VIN.

Agree though that it is a feature that is never used.

Keyless though I find handy.

Go for Keyless Go... just to start, you need to fork out about £500 on 4 door handles from MB haha.

Then you need to get them painted.

Hi,
Well I have now fitted it and it is working! :banana::banana::banana::rock::rock:
I am updating my original thread five years ago with some details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom