Cls55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Discs and pads for a CLS55 are not wallet breakers. Around £300 for fronts and less for the rears. You'd be unlucky to want more than one new set during ownership.

SBC pump horrors are easier to bear now one member has successfully bought his own pump from a German supplier and had it fitted by his indy at a far reduced cost to dealer prices.

The seemingly expensive side to 55k ownership is far less than you may think. Go for it!

I'll be honest and say owning a C32 would frighten me more reading about the issues many are having with leaks, rust and electrical faults just lately.

He must have enormous kids, six footers fit no problem in the back.

I just watched a top gear review on these & Clarkson all 6'7" of him is sat in the back quite happily. I was going to bid but I cannot get my head around that he has done 4 trips to Europe in a 600+bhp tuned car & over the 37k miles he has covered in the past 18mths he does not know if he has had the discs or pads replaced or not? Probably a great car, just me.

Do you have a link to that TG review? Would like to watch that's all. :) (or episode number I have them all) Thanks.

^ Its this one.

[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=kJB2xc3WsZA[/YOUTUBE]

Edit. Just too late .

Ah. It's season 6 episode 1. I might cut that clip out of it as I have them all in 720p.

Might upload it in better quality/sound.

EDIT: Yeah, got it. Will upload.

EDIT2: I've cut out the review plus the hot lap in it. It's uploading.

Last edited:
Well I uploaded it to YouTube, but predictably, it was instantly detected as being copyrighted BBC Worldwide and blocked...

Anyway, it's here on a site of mine if you want to grab it.
http://reefbase.co.uk/Top Gear CLS55 AMG (720p).mp4

(if you click it and it plays in the browser, then you'll have to pause it to buffer for a little bit, if you want to download it for keeps, then right click > save as)

Interesting car. I dont like the chrome piping around the lights and the rear windscreen spoiler! Also the Arial is missing? Discs and pads for front these is around 350 - 400 from a reputable indie using MB parts so not the biggest of issues.

I am also a bit concerned about the owner spending £3000 for a pulley and remap!!! Is this smaller pulley than MSL's 77mm pulley? If so, then what cooling mods did he do?if you are interesting in the car, ask what that invoice includes!

I realise now the brakes are not as expensive as I first thought ,but what did bother me slightly is there no record any of the discs or pads being changed over 97K. You don't usually buy a 600+Bhp car & have the 155mph limiter removed to go down to the shops & school run , if it has been used as intended I would be flabbergasted, if over the past nearly 40K none of the above had been renewed, if it hasn't then the New owner soon will be.

There is an invoice on the e bay ad showing approx £3200 inc vat spent on the tuning so it must go like hell!

Just make sure its not fitted with the optional composite (light weight) brake discs. They could set you back around £1600/pr......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom