CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doublekidneys

Car
Cupra 290
Hi all :)

I was wondering if anyone could share thoughts and opinions on the following:

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG 2006 (06)

I've been looking for one for a few months now, but am new to AMG ownership. Well actually I'm new to Mercedes ownership having mostly BMWs in the past.

I think these are a great price point now but hard to figure out what they are actually worth.

Thanks

Having only recently sold mine I still look at the ads as I miss it every day having had six great years with a CLS55 as my daily. Saw this one advertised and thought it looked like a decent car, but very hard to say without seeing it in the flesh. It took me two years to find mine and many many miles of driving (mostly because I wanted blue with a light interior......choice of three so long wait). Check its MOT history first and if happy go and see it. Go over it carefully for physical condition inside and out, check it sits level. Check the service and maintenance history then take it for a good test drive, check everything works (keyless go on all four doors and start, climate control, cooled seats, all airmatic settings etc etc) then decide if its for you. Great cars and generally speaking pretty bullit proof on the main mechanicals, probably finished depreciating and who knows maybe going the other way (fuel prices or low use permitting)

The spec is nothing special for a CLS, though I don't know whether the TV (now with digital adapter if the ad is correct) was standard. The price seems about right if you look at completed auction sales on eBay, which are as good a guide as any. The owner will sell it for less than the asking price, I'd expect; bottom line maybe £11500?

Without digging out the build data sheet (which you should do also) its only missing rear blind, distronic, heated rear seats, dynamic front seatsand but most importantly for me the glass sunroof. The all black interior is quite an gloomy place to sit without it IMHO (but it should be noted that I am personally very anti black interiors. but I realise most people are not) Mine was absolutely full spec and the only three things I used/ valued were Glass sunroof, distronic cruise (brilliant) and Keyless go. All the rest, for me, were one off fun toys but otherwise very rarely if ever used.

Hi all :)

I was wondering if anyone could share thoughts and opinions on the following:

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG 2006 (06)

I've been looking for one for a few months now, but am new to AMG ownership. Well actually I'm new to Mercedes ownership having mostly BMWs in the past.

I think these are a great price point now but hard to figure out what they are actually worth.

Thanks
I really like that. Worth the risk, I would say. Stunning looks, and I like the interior too. The concerns are number of owners, and why is the current owner moving it on so quick. Unfortunately now in the budget price range, so you can reckon not much has been spent on fixing it. If its anything like my SL55, they do take pretty much constant expenditure to keep up with the bills.

You could buy mine for less! It’s the best maintained example in the country ;) I’ve been busy abroad and will advertise it on here next month…

1997A37F-F193-47A6-9D8C-EBDAD73440ED.jpeg

Love the CLS and have been looking at them as an alternative to the E Class 212......just cant get my head around those odd looking headlights on the C219 and don't think I could live with them.....far prefer the facelifted ones (C218). Each to their own of course.

I've always liked the original CLS, such a clever design.. and with the 55 engine too.. the one in the Ad looks gorgeous..
It's still on my wish list.. and would make a great play-mate for the SL55..
Must resist... must resist... :wallbash::devil::D

OK I wasn't going to give this away until next month, but I've advertised it in the classifieds now and MB Club members will get a nice discount... It's my way of saying thank you for your support and keeping this gem in the family :)

Enjoy ;)

DoubleKidneys, if you want a silver one, get it bought! You could wait a long time and not find a better one.

If I wanted one, I'd have it like a shot...

OK I wasn't going to give this away until next month, but I've advertised it in the classifieds now and MB Club members will get a nice discount... It's my way of saying thank you for your support and keeping this gem in the family :)

Enjoy ;)

Cracker!

Animal, what can I say. That is a beauty. Everything documented wow. I love that shape of CLS, had 2, bought new (not 55, I may add) & would have had another but they changed the styling for the worse, so I bought an S class. Would buy it myself, but 3 cars are more than enough. That will be gone by the weekend. Good luck with the sale. Just off to have another peek at it :) :rolleyes:

Looks great....get that front bumper fitted properly and it would be perfect....that will be a great car for someone!! Will be sold very soon I'm sure...

Thanks guys. Lol it’s funny I never noticed the bumper. It’s been dropped a few times, for example to change bulbs and when MSL did a major service etc.

After reading your comment I got worried and dug through my old pics lol. These are from 2016 when Ed @ Divine detailed my car, and the last one from 2014 just after I bought the car. Looks like the bumper was always like that! It depends on the photo angle as it isn't actually that noticeable in real life!

IMG_1756 Large.jpegIMG_1757 Large.jpegIMG_1758 Large.jpegIMG_6150.JPG

Isn't actually that noticeable, full stop, I'd say.

Just my OCD!!!.......The two gaps either side of the grill being different I could live with...its a fairly easy adjustment though. But the wing to bumper joint would annoy me..... should be an even, flush joint.........just not quite fitted properly with fastening/clip fully home.. Again easily sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom