CLS55 buying advice plz!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recieved a call today and after a converstaion he asked me what i wanted to do if i took the car as it is, i said £14.. i called back a hour later to speak to him and i cant believe what i herd in the background whilst he was on another call he was speaking to someone about the cls saying "i didnt get it checked i couldnt be bothered, so what you want to do his offered £14k"

I acted like i didnt hear and said can u give me the fault codes.. she said i get back to you.

Im totally put off now.

A car dealer who couldn't be bothered sorting a problem.......you seem genuinely surprised?!?!?!

Sounds like the private owner is using the forecourt to sell it and the dealer will take a commission on the sale. Bet he was talking to him in the background.

The girl you spoke to couldn't give you any codes because they haven't been read. Don't hold your breath for a return call. The ball is in your court still.

Not surprised to hear he wasn't bothered getting a problem fixed. The thing is, how much do you want the car?
If they accept your offer, I'd still have it , forget the dealers attitude and go about fixing it.
If not, back to the adverts.

Yep that what i think.. especially when i found a receipt for 11.5k sale last month lol.. he felt like a right tit..lol when he saw me looking at it.

Anyway we are in negotiation and i have a figure in my head.. if it happens it happens if not as you said amgeed, its back to adverts.

Did you see this one?

2005 MERCEDES CLS 55 AMG AUTO SILVER | eBay

Only thing that puts me off about the advert is the fact the sellers is sometimes selling smashed up cars.

Yes i did.. ive always like silver mercs i thinkn it really suits it.. but for some reason a black CLS is just different class.

If you go for a CLS with the 19" AMG wheels check them for cracks. I went through 2 sets before going aftermarket.

Window regulators in the front doors also wear out over time, not the most difficult job in the world to do, just fiddly.

Ahhhh.. that might expalim that the one i went to see might have had the same issue hence the aftermarket wheels.. thanks for that paddymccdrc

Just to keep you interested ;)

low7.jpg

Last edited:
A black CLS is hard to beat when they are nice and shiny!

Do you have lowering links fitted or lowered on star?

I often wondered why Mercedes never put the stone chip protection along the side skirts too, like they did with the doors and rear arches. Mines looking a little worse for wear.

Purely to keep the OP interested as per Killerhertz post, a black CLS55 does look the business....

Black are very nice, but a pain to keep clean!

Not to say i wouldnt buy one but its just something i will contantly be battling to keep clean n shiny.

Amo said:
Black are very nice, but a pain to keep clean! Not to say i wouldnt buy one but its just something i will contantly be battling to keep clean n shiny.
I agree with you on that ;(

Black are very nice, but a pain to keep clean!

Not to say i wouldnt buy one but its just something i will contantly be battling to keep clean n shiny.

Its a chore for sure, it can drive you mad at times. I love black and enjoy it when it's freshly detailed but it's super hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom