Cls55 Engine Undertray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd1980

Car
CLS55
Desperately looking for a front engine undertray. Mine dropped down on the motorway and now has a huge hole in it.

I can't justify MB prices but can't seem to find one anywhere

Can anyone help?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi,
The front under tray fell off my S211 going up the M6 some time ago, the mid section fell down and jammed under the car. I had to get a mechanic out to jack up the car and remove the centre section to stop it dragging on the floor.
I replaced the front tray with a new one from Poland, (as below ...says fits CLS55) which impressively came within 3 days. I repaired the hole in the centre tray with some P40 .
I also bought off of Ebay, a pack of fitting screws and retainers for about £6.00 and replaced every tray screw and retainer underneath.
The screws become corroded with age and once disturbed they seem to lose their grip and easily vibrate loose and then the tray falls off. I was a bit annoyed with the garage at the time, that had removed the under trays and not bothered to use new screws and retainers, especially when they were so cheap.
Mercedes E - Class 2002-2009 W211 Under Engine Cover + CLIPS UNDERTRAY | eBay
Having looked at the sellers feedback.... there must be an awful lot of under trays laying about on the roads !!

Steve

It's the front one I need. But I can only find a £275 one which is rather expensive especially when you can get a centre one for £50

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

So you need an "under bumper under tray" and not an under engine one, what year is your CLS55?

Steve

Hi,
The front under tray fell off my S211 going up the M6 some time ago, the mid section fell down and jammed under the car. I had to get a mechanic out to jack up the car and remove the centre section to stop it dragging on the floor.
I replaced the front tray with a new one from Poland, (as below ...says fits CLS55) which impressively came within 3 days. I repaired the hole in the centre tray with some P40 .
I also bought off of Ebay, a pack of fitting screws and retainers for about £6.00 and replaced every tray screw and retainer underneath.
The screws become corroded with age and once disturbed they seem to lose their grip and easily vibrate loose and then the tray falls off. I was a bit annoyed with the garage at the time, that had removed the under trays and not bothered to use new screws and retainers, especially when they were so cheap.
Mercedes E - Class 2002-2009 W211 Under Engine Cover + CLIPS UNDERTRAY | eBay
Having looked at the sellers feedback.... there must be an awful lot of under trays laying about on the roads !!

Steve

Great advice, I would go for stainless fittings on all tray and plastic fixings. It's one of those little jobs I love to do on all my pride+joy cars.

I think the AMG centre under tray has additional tubes for cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom