CLS55 front discs/pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nat

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55, 911t, 3dr Cosworth, MT 10.
I have done a search but no recent posts so hence this one.

Anyone had to replace front discs/pads recently? I've had it come up as an advisory on it's MOT. They have a bit of a lip but nothing that seems excessive to me. Just wondering what the going rate is should I decide to get it done now.

Go to Eurocarparts and put your registration in, then see what price they quote for the Brembo and pagid parts.

Reactions: Nat
Then ring your dealership quote your VIN and see what MB are charging ...

Thanks.

ECP £193.88 for Brembo using mid60 code but it doesn't list the wear sensors.
Basingstoke Mercedes £570.06 then with a bit of discount £485.34.

Been quoted just north of £650 by and Indy for supplied and fitted which I presume is OEM.

Last edited:
I got the Brembo discs and pads for £200 on Eurocarparts. Should have been a doddle to fit until I mushroomed the head on the second retaining pin..... :wallbash:

So have ordered new pins and will drill out the stuck one and just replace them all.

Not sure what MB or an indie would charge but it's a fairly straightforward job to do yourself. Just remember to disable the SBC first.........

Yes replaced my front and rear discs and pads a month or so ago. On the front I got Brembo discs and pads and pagid on the rear. Both are oem. Got the full set from ecp on one of their bank holiday 50% off deals. I think it was a littile under £300 for the full set but cant seem to find the invoice. Only thing I would have different is the Brembo pads. They work fine but seem to produce significantly more dust than the pads I had previously and the Pagids on the rear (which I apreciate are not comparable to the fronts)

Worry about it at service time or next MOT
A lip is only a sign of wear, you could always get the disc measured to see if there are below the minimum recommended thickness.
If the discs were dangerously thin or weakened it would have failed the MOT.
It's just a keep your eye on it message.

Worry about it at service time or next MOT
A lip is only a sign of wear, you could always get the disc measured to see if there are below the minimum recommended thickness.
If the discs were dangerously thin or weakened it would have failed the MOT.
It's just a keep your eye on it message.

Very valid points. I was going to book it in for a service very soon and it had it's MOT yesterday which was the only advisory been the front brakes. To me they look like a slight lip but nothing bad at all.

Out of interest it's next service which is an A, as it has had the gearbox oil, plugs and filters done well within time and not needed now, what sort of price should and A service be, roughly?

An "A" service is basically an oil/filter change and an inspection of the car for worn components.
An indy will charge around £80 for the oil plus 30-45 mins labour. Say £130 - £150
Main dealer I'd expect £200+
Unless you really want to maintain main dealer service history, I'd be using an indy for all services and repair work.

An "A" service is basically an oil/filter change and an inspection of the car for worn components.
An indy will charge around £80 for the oil plus 30-45 mins labour. Say £130 - £150
Main dealer I'd expect £200+
Unless you really want to maintain main dealer service history, I'd be using an indy for all services and repair work.

Thanks for that. I have been quoted £200 from an Indy who a lot of people recommended on here.

Sandown Mercedes B'stoke - £270.82 but allow it to be £300. Me - why more and does that include the discount from the Plat programme? Them - well it usually goes over that and yes that includes the discount, would you like to go ahead and book it in? Me - no thanks, bye....

Try Guildford i have had better quotes from them

Ask for a quote with you supplying your own oil, you might be surprised, here is the oil you require -

10L Genuine Mercedes Benz 5W40 Engine Oil MB 229.5 Full Synthetic - Petrol | eBay

Thanks for that link :cool:

Is there any preference on Brembo to Pagid?

Just to confirm these are the correct ones for my car and will do the job - 2005 CLS55:-

|Car PartsRetailer | Euro Car Parts

|Car PartsRetailer | Euro Car Parts

Yes, those are the discs and pads you need.
Make sure you get the Bank70 discount of up to 50% off.

Be aware Brembo pads are very dusty and you may need to file a bit of paint from the edges of the pads to ensure a loose fit in the calipers
I haven't used Pagid so can't comment on those.

Thanks. I'll wait for there next offer to come up and get some then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom