Cls55 steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew W

Car
Vw caddy
Is this wheel an option or from a different model It has the paddles and suede ,the badge was added at a later date cheers . It feels nice too image-1431943852.jpg

This is the genuine version which I have...

182345d1273481477-e63-performance-package-alcantara-steering-wheel-sale-amg-performance-package-cls63-e63-steering-wheel.jpg

It's from the later 63 Perfomance Pack, that one might be genuine but just looks a little odd, is the alcantara perforated?

b1g1an said:
This is the genuine version which I have... It's from the later 63 Perfomance Pack, that one might be genuine but just looks a little odd, is the alcantara perforated?
No the suede isn't perforated , maybe it's from Turkey !!

image-63572652.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Ian, it does look a little odd. I have one from the 63 and mines also perforated.

Abb said:
I agree with Ian, it does look a little odd. I have one from the 63 and mines also perforated.
In what respect does it look odd , I've not noticed anything that would suggest it was
a non genuine wheel please enlighten me .

Andrew W said:
In what respect does it look odd , I've not noticed anything that would suggest it was a non genuine wheel please enlighten me .

Cool your jets pal :) I didn't state the wheel was not genuine just that it looked odd. The non leather part almost looks like it's too large of a diameter for the rest of the wheel and doesn't flow with the rest. Unfortunately am not in a position to take a pic of my wheel to help explain what I mean, as I am not home for another week or so.

All cool here pal , well I'm in Cyprus and it's 40 deg

Hi,
I reckon someone has possibly custom trimmed the wheel, as I have never seen that option.
Below is a pic of my standard wheel (except for paddles) from my 55 plate CLS55 if it helps as comparison.

LOL, of course it was an option, check my pic :)

However, my money is on a retrim, as you say, due to the lack of perforations and the 'odd look' Abb and I can't put our finger on. Maybe the owner had a 63 wheel and either fancied some Alcantara or maybe had a PP wheel and wore it out given how shiny the leather is.

Definitely not a thin rimmed and knobbly original 55 wheel.

I bought a new OEM leather/perforated leather one from Jack @ royal steering wheels, IIRC it was circa £280. He also offers retrims etc and is very competitive on price. I have my old original one, in cashmere beige if its any good to you for getting it retrimmed/sculptured (cover the postage and its yours!).
Just thought I would mention it, if you were considering changing your wheel!

Just to add the wheel is perforated suede
I didn't really notice on the quick test drive ,
so I would say it is a genuine wheel .

The perforated alcantara on that wheel looks superb - I wish they did this on the current range of alcantara wheels.

These days the standard leather wheels still come with a perforated middle section but when you get the half alcantara wheel, it loses the perforation.

Just to add the wheel is perforated suede
I didn't really notice on the quick test drive ,
so I would say it is a genuine wheel .

Cool, difference between that and the 55 wheel is night and day.

Yes it does feel and look the part .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom