Cls55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure it would suit the CLS, it does the SL but the CLS is a stylish gentlemens express carriage in AMG guise.
I loved the CD loader door as well - always impressed people that did.

Must admit to being very satisfied with the AMG growl from my stock exhaust system. Subtle enough to allow the supercharger whine to play a part as well ;)

Like with the V6 diesel, are there any "known issues" with the 55 that need worrying about? Also, did any 55s come without the dreaded SBC?

Like with the V6 diesel, are there any "known issues" with the 55 that need worrying about? Also, did any 55s come without the dreaded SBC?
In general the 55's are solid v8's the only small issue that is quite common is a small leak that can occur on the head gasket(easy cheap fix),as far as the sbc,anything pre late 2006 will have it,anything late 2006 on will have the same system that is on both mine & your current cls.

The M113 is pretty much bomb proof. They can suffer from a slight oil leak from the cam covers and some intake gaskets can leak unmetered air into the system. Nothing major.

AFAIK all 55K came with SBC

So to avoid possible SBC issues, the 55 probably wouldn't do as I think it was replaced by the 63 in late 2006.

Must try a facelift (late 08?) 63 some time. Maybe in Russia as a guy my FIL knows has one. :D

It's quite probable any SBC pump would have been replaced by now. If not just budget for a replacement. The 55K is worth the extra and SBC is very reassuring in operation.
Trawling the 'net there are no records of a major accident due to SBC failure. Lots of scare-mongering though! Just think of those 100ks of taxis running with SBC..

* Very good point. And with FMBSC MB might help anyway I guess.. :dk:

* Very good point. And with FMBSC MB might help anyway I guess.. :dk:

There does appear to be a move away from FOC replacements in the later part of this year. Try a thrid party warranty? WD for example do offer cover.

That's one very unique car....and reasonable, for what you get.

The dealer selling it doesn't have a great rep. Before that it was moved around a few MB dealers in the South East including Greenoaks and Brooklands. I watched it slide from £180k to £80k and just as I got Mrs D round to my way of thinking it was sold by Greenoaks to KTC. I reckon an offer of £60k would have got the negotiation started and I can't believe KTC paid much more.

time for a couple of gratuituous CLS55 pics :)

DSC_4110.jpg

AI4C0404.jpg

Having once bought a car from KTC, I would say may the owners pubic hair get infested with the fleas of 10,000 camels and their arms get too short to scratch...

Am I allowed to say that?
You just did:)

CLS 55 unhappy owner!

A forum member thinks his CLS 55K engine is underpowered next to a buddy's car which has only 30 hp more than his car. Follow the thread on here :)

EVL said:
Having once bought a car from KTC, I would say may the owners pubic hair get infested with the fleas of 10,000 camels and their arms get too short to scratch...

Am I allowed to say that?

What happened ?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Jules, have you kept the black wheels on yours?

Yes for now they are still black, but will be changing 2 of them back to silver in early spring. Will be getting the X pipe fitted this week (secondary cats and centre box removed) so something to look forward to.

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom