CLS63 Exhaust Tip Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEMESIS CLS

Car
W218 CLS63 AMG-S
Chaps
Can the exhaust tips be removed? Looking to get them ceramic coated in Matte Black :)

If they are like the other '63' variants, you will find that they are not actually connected to the exhaust. They are more of a decorative finish and are secured within a housing/bracket which is held on with 2 fixing IIRC.
A quick look underneath the car and all will become clear.

Have you picked the car up yet? As it is still being advertised by FPP.

If they are like the other '63' variants, you will find that they are not actually connected to the exhaust. They are more of a decorative finish and are secured within a housing/bracket which is held on with 2 fixing IIRC.
A quick look underneath the car and all will become clear.

Have you picked the car up yet? As it is still being advertised by FPP.
Hi buddy, thanks for the heads up. That's good to know:thumb:. I'll take a look when I collect the car on Monday - T Minus 69 hours......Not that I am counting down the hours you understand:banana:

media.jpeg

Well then Nem, have you collected it?? Thoughts and more inportantly pics....we want pics! (ok well I do :D)

Well then Nem, have you collected it?? Thoughts and more inportantly pics....we want pics! (ok well I do :D)
Hey Guys
YES...got the car Monday. Schmazing. What a difference to the CLS500. Its been a manic few days work wise so haven't really had the chance to play with it. Drove it to work for the first time today and it felt so so special. Immaculate car and the previous one owner really looked after it. But its too bloody quiet!!! Compared to my CLS500 it's like an electric car:wallbash:........Read on for the solution:rolleyes:

I've already had the whole front end, door mirrors and rear arches covered in Matte Xpell Brilliantliany job by Paul from protect your vehicle.

Tomorrow I am off work and car go's to Valet Magic for a full de-chrome (Matte Black) Matte Black badges all round, front window tints and originally to have exhaust tips removed and sent off for ceramic coating. However when it was at Valet Magic having PPF done we looked underneath, and the tips and part of the actual zorst, hence cant remove them. SO....................On Tuesday I am off to MSL to meet Acid and get car stage 1 mapped. Whilst there their in-house exhaust team Torque-Flow are removing center resonators and rear back boxes, together with custom fabricating the tailpipes to allow a Y pice to be welded. In effect making it straight through from CAT back. Now that will sound more like it should.

Can anyone advise what the max size wheel spacers i can fit? I posted in another thread but no reply. My CLS500 had 20mm rears and 10mm fronts, but wondering if I can go wider on the CLS63?

I'll post pics in a mo as for some reason the photos on my iPhone are to large to upload on here:p

Congratulations! You are certainly not hanging about with modding it :)

I'll post pics in a mo as for some reason the photos on my iPhone are to large to upload on here

Post the image to postimages.org and then copy and paste the direct link into the forum image embedding option

If you are going for spacers then ideally you need to drop it a little. I think I went 20mm rears and 10mm fronts. Suspension wise I put H&R springs on the front and links on the rear.

I’ve also put 295 tyres on and they fit nicely.

Jules.

If you are going for spacers then ideally you need to drop it a little. I think I went 20mm rears and 10mm fronts. Suspension wise I put H&R springs on the front and links on the rear.

I’ve also put 295 tyres on and they fit nicely.

Jules.

Hey Jules thanks for the heads up. I’m confused as I noticed that the CLS63 has what looks like bags on the rears but normal shocks/springs on the front? When you say you put links on the rear what is that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post the image to postimages.org and then copy and paste the direct link into the forum image embedding option

11e2e407beccddd07070495bad36e251.jpg

Hey Jules thanks for the heads up. I’m confused as I noticed that the CLS63 has what looks like bags on the rears but normal shocks/springs on the front? When you say you put links on the rear what is that??

Yes it has air suspension on the rear and normal shocks and springs in the front.

Links are simple adjusters that replace the standard ones and reduce the ride height. They are only £60-80, so a cheap but effective way of lowering.

Jules

Ah I see....ok that’s clear now. Are their specific links that need to be purchased? Have you a “link” to the links?[emoji12]
As for the front how much did you drop by? Has this affected the ride much and do you get any steering wobbles or vibrations? Lastly what tyre sizes and make you running? I’ve got perelli P Zero’s all round. Had Yokohama’s on CLS500 and they seem a quieter tyre to me?? Early days I know but the garage had over inflated them massively. I altered the pressures last night and jeeze what a difference [emoji12][emoji12]

6421808254836d7b4e7b97a5ed7cd899.jpg

aefb4594e61272f1e743c521ed745b98.jpg

Front end started. Grille being done as well[emoji41]

Reactions: Abb
Looking very nice. Just a thought, have you considered leaving the badges off the back completely oppose to matt black ones?

Looking very nice. Just a thought, have you considered leaving the badges off the back completely oppose to matt black ones?
Thanks buddy - Personally, I like the badges on :)

Reactions: Abb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom