CLS63 W209 (2007) how many front pad wear sensors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
W219* my mistake, used to having the CLK.
Anyhow, about to order some brake bits, but can't seem to find a solid answer about how many brake wear sensors the fronts will need? One per hub (x2) or one per pad (x4)? I'm seeing two different part numbers and different prices for what are listed as front wear sensor also, why would that be? Is one for the inside pad and one for the outside pad different?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would have thought it was one per hub, so any chance they're sided?
Any chance those are the same part from two different suppliers?

i know its not the same model but i have just replaced my w209 pads and discs all round there was only one sensor front and one rear both fitted to the drivers side

i know its not the same model but i have just replaced my w209 pads and discs all round there was only one sensor front and one rear both fitted to the drivers side

Same on a W211 E55

Some models have two sensors, allowing the car to determine 50% wear

If you post your VIN, one of the forum members with EPC could see whether your car has 2 or 4 sensors.

Thanks for the replies, VIN; WDD2193772A123319 1
I did them on my 209 a few years ago and can't remember how many that had.

Same on a W211 E55

Should be two on the front of a W211 E55 - one on the NSF and one on the OSF - they are different each side too :thumb:

My copy of EPC says you have 1 front sensor (right) A 171 540 06 17, and 1 rear sensor (right) also A 171 540 06 17.

My copy of EPC says you have 1 front sensor (right) A 171 540 06 17, and 1 rear sensor (right) also A 171 540 06 17.

Fantastic thanks, any idea which one it is from these two? :dk: doesn't make much sense to me, I will go with OEM if not, just thought while I was ordering other stuff I may as well order one of these too.
View attachment 59769

Last edited:
Should be two on the front of a W211 E55 - one on the NSF and one on the OSF - they are different each side too :thumb:

Only one fitted on the o/s/f by my indy when I changed discs and pads in June:dk: Certainly wasn't a sensor removed from the n/s.

Only one fitted on the o/s/f by my indy when I changed discs and pads in June:dk: Certainly wasn't a sensor removed from the n/s.

Surprised there isn't one there - they have different shaped plugs so you can't get them mixed up (LH and RH)

Both of my 2004 E55s had them each side and looking online and on the EPC etc it shows two sensors.

I bought the sensors from MB themselves less than two months ago :eek:

[YOUTUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeNvAnxKuQ[/YOUTUBE]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeNvAnxKuQ

EPC shows two front sensors fitted to the 211 55k, same as my 219 55k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom