CLS63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyg1987

Car
CLS63AMG, C63AMG Gone but not forgotten
Hi Guys,

Looking for your opinion on a potential purchase. It is from a company called GC motors in North Yorkshire, has anyone heard from them and their reputation? Due to it not being a main dealer they only supply 3 months warranty.

I absolutely love the spec of this car and i think its a great change from the c63.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 6.2 CLS63 AMG 7G-Tronic 4dr

is there anything i should look out for?

i have never driven a 7gtronic before and a bi turbo, is there a huge difference between the mct and c63?

thanks

Looks a nice car with very good options:thumb:
Once again, the dealer doesn't know what he is selling by advertising the car as a 6.2 n/a:fail:

Looks a nice car with very good options:thumb:
Once again, the dealer doesn't know what he is selling by advertising the car as a 6.2 n/a:fail:

I did notice the obvious, i take it that since this is the 2014 model this is when they removed the performance pack option and this now comes as standard?

I am having difficulty in gauging the price on their car as there is literally nothing to compare it against. also the 3 month warranty is pretty thin however i am not aware of many issues with the cls63? is there any obvious signs i should look out for?

coming from aberdeen it is a long trek to north yorkshire and dont want to make the travel unless am certain...

ahh decisions decisions

GC Motors have been around for a long time and, whist not buying from them personally, I know a few who have. They tend to have good up to date stock and are well respected at local car shows where they usually have a presence.

Very surprised that they got the spec wrong on this example, as they're usually pretty good on that.

Assume it's GC Motors of Harrogate. I have had no dealings with them but the very financially and car savvy chap I bought the CL65 off purchased it from this company and he was quite happy with them. Obviously second hand info.

The warranty they refer to will be the remainder of the original Mercedes one. I'm sure that they could sort something else out on top of this.

A known fault with the M157 engine is a tendency for the timing chain to rattle on start up, usually cold. There is a documented fix for this, though not all dealers are aware of it and some are downright ignorant. I managed a c70% contribution when I had mine, so paid a total of £280.

Apart from this, they're a good reliable bit of kit.

yes it is gc motors of harrogate and they seem to have a huge list of high end cars. Reviews online seem positive.

That's a great looking motor with the carbon extras, nice and subtle. The red leather makes the interior look huge which I like and the sunroof throws that light right into the car. Like you I'm not really sure of what it's true asking price will be but if you can squeeze 1500 off then go and spend that saving on a years warranty from MB. At least for the first year you'll have total peace of mind.
Handling wise, this is more like a retired boxer than a cage fighter. Not as good on a track as the C63 but are you really going to be wanging it around bends?
If you've got your heart set on it then go for it!
Oh and after a few years if you get bored take it to MSL who can turn it into 700 horses

Well the suspense is killing me! 2 more sleeps to go before it gets delivered to me. I've had my fun with the c63 and it will be missed but i cannot wait for the cls! ❤️❤️❤️ going to keep it standard this time and only mod will be later on with downpipes and map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom