Cluster menu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart1

Hi, a new owner of a B class, only picked it up Saturday, one small problem, on the dash board digital display the speed is shown in Kmph, i've tried to change it to Mph but it did'nt work, the manual says its not available in the UK!, I've also tried to change the Kmph to the outside temp but I can't do that either.I phoned MB who said I can't change it, its the way its set up, is this right? This is my first MB ( various Saab's for past 9 years) just wondering is it a quirk I just have to get used too.

Hi, a new owner of a B class, only picked it up Saturday, one small problem, on the dash board digital display the speed is shown in Kmph, i've tried to change it to Mph but it did'nt work, the manual says its not available in the UK!, I've also tried to change the Kmph to the outside temp but I can't do that either.I phoned MB who said I can't change it, its the way its set up, is this right? This is my first MB ( various Saab's for past 9 years) just wondering is it a quirk I just have to get used too.

Can't be done - European law :crazy: However I believe it can be done by someone with access to STAR diagnostics.... :devil:

Which fat A class (B-class) did you get? Welcome on board! Where are you located?

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately for us, EU law states that speedos must show the speed in both MPH and KPH, so it is not possible to change this in UK spec cars. If the B cluster is anything like the C, then the outside temperature is available in another menu.

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately for us, EU law states that speedos must show the speed in both MPH and KPH, so it is not possible to change this in UK spec cars. If the B cluster is anything like the C, then the outside temperature is available in another menu.

So why doesnt the rest of the EU have this ???

There was an earlier discussion which ended up with someone talking to DVLA which said that for UK cars it had to be switchable, not permanently displayed.

- I took a guess that MB had read the legislation in one way, implemented it, got the car homologated, and it would cost a load of money to revisit the issue so they wont.

Richard

If you look at the speedos on most cars you will see kph markings inside the mph variety. This fulfills the requirement to display both mph and kph. W203s (and by the sound of it the B-class) do not have these extra markings, so MB decided to make permanent the kph option on the display to fulfill the EU law. Bummer.

Unless you have a star machine and some on who can mod your cluster so that page one loses the kph speedo and the digital speedo on page3? can display either kph or mph.

Last edited:
kph/mph

Last edited:
Status line outside temp or speedo. I leave mine on outside temp;) Remember I can put it back to mph for MOTs or when driving abroad.

Last edited:
Can't be done - European law :crazy: However I believe it can be done by someone with access to STAR diagnostics.... :devil:

Which fat A class (B-class) did you get? Welcome on board! Where are you located?

Thanks for the replies guys, its obvious looking at it now,its the first new car that I have seen without a combined speedo.
I don't want to mess about with it at the moment because its new.

Its a B180 SE with sports pack and autotronic, silver with the zandvoort interior, 17" 10 spoke alloys, comfort suspension. Located East Kilbride.

Thanks for the replies guys, its obvious looking at it now,its the first new car that I have seen without a combined speedo.
I don't want to mess about with it at the moment because its new.

Its a B180 SE with sports pack and autotronic, silver with the zandvoort interior, 17" 10 spoke alloys, comfort suspension. Located East Kilbride.

Don't you mean comfort seats? If it's the sports one like mine it has firm suspension!! What do you think of the ride? I'm getting used to it,but wouldn't mind if I could make it a touch softer!

You can take a look at mine via the signature below

All the best

No its definetly comfort suspension, I had the option of that and sport, due to it getting a bad press I did'nt want it, I test drove one with the sport suspension and did'nt like it, the salesman talked me into driving one without sport and I bought one.Re-checked all the paperwork, its definetly comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom