Clutch Brand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A quick query as I know nothing of clutch brands...

I've been offered a LUK, blue print or GSF clutch (£80 each, bar the GSF which is £50). (EDIT: Or borg&beck at £80ish as well)

Any suggestions? Or alternatives?

Thanks,
Michele

Last edited:
I won't bother with a GSF own brand. I've used both of the others before, no issues.

I've replaced 3 (or four?) clutches in my manual past and always just bought the cheapest ECP or eBay had on offer. None have ever failed again in the time I've had the cars and they were all driven pretty hard...

... as I hadn't been driving very long so was obviously Michael Schumacher. :doh:

Ive Retailed all those brands Apart from (GSF) obviously, The LUK is usually oe to most German vehicles, ADL is a extremely good manufactured clutch usually fitted/made for Japanese/Korean vehicles.

Borg & Beck is ONLY the Name the units are made by a company called firstline and i would rate them as a cheap unit. Firstline bought the Borg & Beck Name only. And is not the Borg & Beck as people remember.

Last edited:
Ive Retailed all those brands Apart from (GSF) obviously, The LUK is usually oe to most German vehicles, ADL is a extremely good manufactured clutch usually fitted/made for Japanese/Korean vehicles.

Borg & Beck is ONLY the Name the units are made by a company called firstline and i would rate them as a cheap unit. Firstline bought the Borg & Beck Name only. And is not the Borg & Beck as people remember.

Thanks - ADL is the same as blueprint, right? (just checking before I order :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom