clutch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For when I need to replace mine, I also wonder what the chances are of finding a more substantial replacement. Mine does not slip in normal conditions, but does seem to overheat and once hot, it does slip momentarilly from time to time.

Mine has been going ever since i bought the car, with a very noisey bearing but it has been getting worse,its not slipping yet (just the noise) so i took it into my pals garage to get it replaced, and afterwards thought how much,didn't bother to ask, have to pick it up in the morning so we will see.

OK folks,have new clutch, exhaust manifold gasket(genuine Merc parts) fitted.Any guesses as to HOW MUCH??

any more than £50 and you've doubled the value of the car :)

Andy

Manifold gasket change £110 + VaT
Clutch Change (Mb) £347 + VaT

Do it yourself, ok going to take a little sweat and cursing but the end result is that you know it has been done and done well. :D

BTW nice to see you back Rob :bannana:

Ian B Walker said:
Manifold gasket change £110 + VaT
Clutch Change (Mb) £347 + VaT

Do it yourself, ok going to take a little sweat and cursing but the end result is that you know it has been done and done well. :D

BTW nice to see you back Rob :bannana:
Ignore NormalB he is an ex Matelo and you know what they are like :D

Ian B Walker said:
Ignore NormalB he is an ex Matelo and you know what they are like :D

I just HATE HATE HATE men who have a lot of HAIR is that why my kids call me baldy. SO if i said i paid £ 200.00 for the work on my car would you believe me 'cause its TRUE. i came away very very happy. Its prob' me but the notchy gearbox doesn't seem so bad,( still got noisey tappets though) but then that can wait a while,i can always turn the radio up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom