Coat 12 :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Coat 10 Black wax, Coat 11 Normal wax, Coat 12 C2.

DSCF1321_zps064a7ed4.jpg

DSCF1323_zps2fc973c6.jpg

DSCF1324_zpse8234ae5.jpg

DSCF1328_zpsb59c8c1e.jpg

Pic 2 is absolutely stunning! What a finish, hopefully with the insane durability of C2 your hard work will be locked in for a good while!

I've got 2 coats of Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine and 2 coats of Colinite 476s on mine and the beading/sheeting is stellar! I do have half a bottle of G|Techniq C1.5 so I might try an application of that just for fun. :)

Coat 13 is for the OP, it's white, the arms cross over and are tied behind the back with leather straps and buckles......

Coat 13 is for the OP, it's white, the arms cross over and are tied behind the back with leather straps and buckles......

LOL. My wife has just said something along the same lines. She says her sink is cleaned with M&S multi surface cleaner but she'll resist the urge to photograph it for us!

I dont know how you have the guts to then go and drive it in British weather...

If I polished my car that many times it would be guaranteed that someone would drive into the back of me...

Fantastic job Greg. It needs to be garaged until Friday, lots or rain tomorrow !!

I haven't polished a car 12 times in my entire life.

Waste of time really, I'm afraid it'll just be dirty tomorrow.

Nice job:))

Waxing is an important part of sealing in and protecting your hard work. Especially with winter around the corner it's time to really protect those mb's. don't forget the wheels for winter. Take them off and seal them inside out. Could save you a lot of refurbishment money spring next year. Especially with all the road salt and grime that will be attacking them :)

Fantastic job Greg. It needs to be garaged until Friday, lots or rain tomorrow !!

Oh well, it'll get wet them because I have appointments tomorrow! Frankly rain is barely sticking to the car these days!

Waste of time really, I'm afraid it'll just be dirty tomorrow.
I have yet to have to wash my car because of my wax barrier, however, even if it does get dirty tomorrow it doesn't matter because I enjoy doing it. People stop and talk about the car just because of how it look. It's fun , its a hobby.

BTW. I Shower every day and shave everyday, even though tomorrow it'll need done again tomorrow;)

Nice job:))

Waxing is an important part of sealing in and protecting your hard work. Especially with winter around the corner it's time to really protect those mb's. don't forget the wheels for winter. Take them off and seal them inside out. Could save you a lot of refurbishment money spring next year. Especially with all the road salt and grime that will be attacking them :)

Wheels now have two coats of wax and one of C2. I know it was mad but I had them refurned yesterday ie before the winter (there is some method in my madness though ;) )

PS: Just a general statement to clarify, I like my car and I like polishing it but it is ONLY a car. It is insured and therefore replacable. Whilst I hope it has a long and happy life it remains a car and there are many more important things in my life :)

Last edited:
Much above 3 layers and your adding no benefit, the solvent and carriers in the wax have to bond to a molecule surface in order for the wax to achieve it's result. By applying the fresh coat of wax you are going into the prior layer substrate. Basically there is a point where no matter how many +layers are applied it will reach it's final barrier level.

To a degree you could at this point be starting to deflect the finish and start to mute down the flake.

However, from a feel good point of view, cool them apply as many as you wish : ) - nowt wrong with that. :D

All I would say in my defence is that I'm sealing every third coat/layer ie putting a barrier between coats of wax and also that the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have never achieved such mirror like finish with only 2 coats.....has anyone else with only 2 coats.

lol Challenge. - I think you have a good finish, however I do think for the protection your after, a max of 3 layers will be your best.

Original 14 year old paint, prepped before and with 1 coat on thus far :D - And it's on Silver which is a hard colour to get reflections from

Reflect1.jpg

That is a great result for 1 coat on a silver car:bannana:
I still reckon you can tell the difference with added coats! Keep going and see how deep you can get the shine! Now there's a challenge :) (What are we like :D )

Last edited:
Okay - heres one I made earlier....

2 layers on Black. : )

Prepped panel and finished using only good stuff :D

( Sorry about camera phone quality pic )

reflect.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom