Coat 21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
For those who hate detailing and detailers please resist the urge to comment. To those of you who are interested then please read on.

The weather is lovely today so I couldn't resist an hour and a half on the car. Today saw coats 20 and 21. Coat 20 was Russ's reflectology No1 (10ml in a bucket). I love the smell and the feel of it, it is very smooth to use but I still struggle with the rinsing due to not using a power washer (my fault!). I still like using the product though because when you get it rinsed and dry the finish is great. Coat 21 was Russ's detailer cream/spray. When used with R1 I think you'll agree that I'm getting there with the finish. I used both products on the whole car including the wheels and the glass ( I'm not sure if I'm supposed to but it looks Ok)

Photos for reference in my favourite car park!

DSCF1584_zps1f929c8d.jpg

DSCF1587_zps00496917.jpg

DSCF1588_zps26872d6b.jpg

DSCF1589_zps70e268dc.jpg

DSCF1591_zpsc227bd9a.jpg

DSCF1592_zpse97edefb.jpg

DSCF1593_zps67a8ade0.jpg

DSCF1595_zpsd159c849.jpg

DSCF1596_zpsa93e3587.jpg

Photos taken in auto mode.

Gorgeous.

Well worth the effort you're putting in. Mine is currently a disgrace although it does make for a nice before/after comparison.

Working everyday of the week gives me no time to give her any loving though, dark nights don't help either.

Nice photos - not too keen on the white strip down the front of the bonnet. :thumb:

Looking good!
How long will it stay clean in this weather.
About three minutes on the road :(

Gorgeous.

Well worth the effort you're putting in. Mine is currently a disgrace although it does make for a nice before/after comparison.

Working everyday of the week gives me no time to give her any loving though, dark nights don't help either.
I'm only able to do it as I work from home so can bunk off for bit!

Nice photos - not too keen on the white strip down the front of the bonnet. :thumb:
LOL. A good faster stripe!

Could I ask probably a very silly question, but what is the purpose of waxing your car that many times?

I'd read that you should wax the car twice, one day after the next, so will your twenty one coats of wax be doing much? I'm genuinely interested to know because I always *only* give my car two coats.

It certainly looks a cracking car you've got there and it looks a nice and deep shine that you've achieved.

Could I ask probably a very silly question, but what is the purpose of waxing your car that many times?

I'd read that you should wax the car twice, one day after the next, so will your twenty one coats of wax be doing much? I'm genuinely interested to know because I always *only* give my car two coats.

It certainly looks a cracking car you've got there and it looks a nice and deep shine that you've achieved.
The honest answer is that it only looks its very best when it's freshly done. It is also true that it isn't 21 times better than one coat but it is very good! I am also working towards a project;)

lol :)

Ps. Rash has done 75 coats!

Looking awesome....yet again.

Would you be able to spot the difference between yours and a silver C270 parked on your driveway? Well I guess so, but would you feel compelled to wax it anyway?

Just an idea :dk: As I do like the mirror finish.

Looking awesome....yet again.

Would you be able to spot the difference between yours and a silver C270 parked on your driveway? Well I guess so, but would you feel compelled to wax it anyway?

Just an idea :dk: As I do like the mirror finish.
If you were here (kent) I'd start that shine for you:D

Excellent work R2D2:)

Im defo going to go up against you in the wax off. Once the 997 is in the garage for a few months come december will go flat out with the z2 pro everyday for 2-3 months, as it bonds very well.

If I could afford to I would love to do an EXO coat everyday for 1 month. I actually think it would add well over 100 microns to the original lacquer!

Excellent work R2D2:)

Im defo going to go up against you in the wax off. Once the 997 is in the garage for a few months come december will go flat out with the z2 pro everyday for 2-3 months, as it bonds very well.

If I could afford to I would love to do an EXO coat everyday for 1 month. I actually think it would add well over 100 microns to the original lacquer!
LOL. I can't even imagine what a daily coat of EXO would be like. I once saw an M5 at kds that had been Gtechniq ed really well and it looked unbelievable. :D

Forgive the slight thread hijack, but while reviewing a couple of iPod photos I took at the weekend of some of the cars mustering ahead of the Brighton Run, I noticed the depth of shine evident on the roof on my Fabia.

All the more extraordinary given that the car has spent practically all of the past three years sitting under a tree, since when the only attention the bodywork has received has been the wash that the dealership said it had to have before they could MoT it (which was over a month ago now). I wonder what they used on it...

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

Wow, you ought to ask them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom