Code help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinaman

Car
A class
Hi all
A class W169. Year 2010
On going problem I got is lights are on all time when car running even if light switch is off. Car has auto lights
Couple of fault codes I got read today
9083 Switch S1 rotary light switch supplies implausible value , I’m thinking is that the main light switch gone faulty ?
90BA Switching status not plausible (ata hood switch ) switch 1 and 2 S62 No idea what that means.
Lastly 9080 rain light sensor has communication fault or open circuit . I’ve swopped that twice albeit with fused ones
Any suggestions
Thanks.

Yes S1 refers to the main light switch. S62 is the switch that detects if the hood is properly closed. Usually present with an alarm system. On a 169 there seems to be only one switch. If you had a star tool for diganosis, you would find all the wiring and component location info from the tool if needed.

Sorry but I did not understand what did you do with the rain/light sensor? Tried two different new parts but what do you mean with fused ones?

Yes S1 refers to the main light switch. S62 is the switch that detects if the hood is properly closed. Usually present with an alarm system. On a 169 there seems to be only one switch. If you had a star tool for diganosis, you would find all the wiring and component location info from the tool if needed.

Sorry but I did not understand what did you do with the rain/light sensor? Tried two different new parts but what do you mean with fused ones?
Thanks for reply. Bit of typo there. I meant I got 2 different ones Used ones to try. I found it odd that both would be faulty.
on the hood light switch I didn’t know there was a warning with it. No light or sounds say hood is open.
My main thing is trying to get the lights working as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom