Code readers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevellew

Car
53 plate ML270 inspiration
I'm thinking of spending £150 max on a code reader / diagnostics something that can read all or most of the car and I've see these autel ones on eBay for around £100 has anybody used them or is there any better ones out there any help and advice would be a big help thanks.
PS I have a ML270 jan 2004 model

far from an expert but very few code readers will do much more than read engine codes.

Mercedes have ecu's all over the place, each with their own DTC memory. Only a high end system or the proper MB SDS can access them.

I just bought a reader and software from ivini its in its early dev stage by the way I've found it to work but so far has done the job I wanted it to do

The iVini app for Android certainly looks to communicate with many of the car's systems. Just downloaded it for evaluation (it's free to test)

DrMercedes-e-8-7in-en.jpg

MerceWhat Android | iViNi-Apps

Yep that I VINI looks good can you let us all know how you get one with it it will be well worth the money if ip picks up all the codes I've got all apple but would think about getting a cheap tablet if it's really good thanks steve

Their other apps are also for iOS, perhaps this one will be soon...

I'm thinking of spending £150 max on a code reader / diagnostics something that can read all or most of the car and I've see these autel ones on eBay for around £100 has anybody used them or is there any better ones out there any help and advice would be a big help thanks.
PS I have a ML270 jan 2004 model

I have a 2003 ML270 and have one of these

http://www.ukprodiagnostics.co.uk/p...S_ABS_Engine_etc__225618-z=710970&p=94060.cfm

I have only had it for a while so haven`t explored everything it can do but found it really useful in diagnosing a couple of issues i had and for clearing old fault codes.

Last edited:
The iVini app for Android certainly looks to communicate with many of the car's systems. Just downloaded it for evaluation (it's free to test)

DrMercedes-e-8-7in-en.jpg

MerceWhat Android | iViNi-Apps

Looks nice, but the app is 50 euro, plus they say you should use their adapter at 21 euro and it does not support anything earlier than 2005. Not sure why the diagnostic socket should be different on a 2005.

Looks nice, but the app is 50 euro, plus they say you should use their adapter at 21 euro and it does not support anything earlier than 2005. Not sure why the diagnostic socket should be different on a 2005.

I think they are just playing it safe to ensure the vehicle (petrol or diesel) has an EOBD port

I think they are just playing it safe to ensure the vehicle (petrol or diesel) has an EOBD port

Not sure they even have a clue... Inside the app, I selected my car, 2002 C208 and it said it was not compatible, yet the website has the 208 and older on the list of cars it works with

Which is presumably why they say download the free app and test it before coughing up the ££ to unlock all the functionality.....

I've used an MaxiDiag Elite MD802 from Autel. Great bit of kit and has worked on various air bag and engine resets on Mercs and other cars!

One thing to be aware of with these Autels is that there are a lot of Chinese fakes which of course dont carry any warranty so buy from a UK supplier

I'm thinking of waiting a bit and hopefully it will be out for the iPad and by the look of it when it does eventually come out for the I pad any issues that occur on android should mostly be sorted it does look promising I wonder if it will code injectors / ecu / keys etc

I wonder if it will code injectors / ecu / keys etc

Even STAR cannot code keys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom