Code readers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, the one in your link looks like a real bargain in that the Chinese have done a real "Chinese Copy" and included the Delphi branding!

Mine was much more generic looking but it worked fine..

That was after the usual "IT-Dude" messing-around for hour after hour after bloody hour....

By the time I got it working I had grown a David Brent beard and pony tail so I really looked the part....

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm how good the delphi would be on older cars such as w203 and w208?

Hi all does any one know if the Delphi 150 E will read and correct the steering angle on my ML 270 as I have had 4 wheel alignment done and the DAS/ESP is still on luckily enough the guy I bought the ml off back in January has star and it says that the steering angle is 24 degres out, he tells me that it looks like they didn't set the steering central to the splines first and then set the tracking to this today I'm hopefully getting this all solved but I would still like to get my own diagnostics and the Delphi 150 looks good but I want to know if it will do the steering angle as it looks like this can be a regular glitch or if there any other diagnostics that might do the job on a for a reasonable cost thanks steve.

Connected the OM123 up to both a W211 & a W212 and it reads both OK.

Just need a fault code to read now!

The W211 shows the Glow Plug light on the dash coming back on after starting so I'd guess one or more are faulty.

Didn't get any error codes on the OM123 but I have no idea if I should have.

Morning Stevellew, I have a fault finder i brought from Ebay mine was only about £20 quid it is a D900 version 2013. the numbers on the front are EOBD/ OBD11 live data, i have not used it on my MB yet but have used it on my previous Ford and found that it worked well, CD included with error codes, it helped me find Vacume faults on my Ford and as it works on all vehicals i assume it will work just as well on MB's

As said above, these seem to work basically on Engine faults or when lights appear on the dash. I50 quid seems a lot to me, probably a good investment if your in the business, but mine has only been used a couple of times, and has been very helpful.

Hi Guy's,
iv been looking at this too recently as I could do with getting something for my 2003 ML270.

Everything I've seen so far looks like the delphi one is no good for my 2003 diesel?? (correct me if i'm wrong)
The Icarsoft i980 looks like a good piece of kit, and I think I would go for it if it weren't for the fact that it seems to be Merc only, and I could ideally do with one that covers a wider range of manufacturers.

Anyone got any experience of the Foxwell NT600 (or newer variants)?

or anyone can suggest something that covers other European manufacturers as well as merc (ideally VW & peugeot)

thanks.
Moz

I bought this basic ODBII reader it covers most of the basic functions and does some live data too I have tried it on my w208 1999 clk and my Ladies 58plate c220 d, you need an adaptor lead for the w208 I bought a cheap one on ebay for about £6 and the reader cost me £25. so far its been fine not the highest quality plastic but ok for diy use.
High Quality Car Code Engine Fault Reader D900 CAN SCAN Live PCM Data Scanner 2014 version 1, OBD OBD2 OBDII - 2014: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Ed

Last edited:
Just so I don't leave my posts hanging....

The Delphi 150E WILL read the parking sensors, including actually measuring the distances calculated.

Clever stuff, and I'm sure it can do much more, but I've not needed to investigate too much forther so far..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom