Codes 155 & 423 dash and steering wheel controls are dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jshodgson

Car
E class 320 cdi sport 2007
Hi all
Had a few electric gremlins (battery warning light came on, becoming difficult to start) so tried charging my battery, all was fine till I got in the car the other morning and had no instruments on the dash and no steering wheel controls. Indicators and lights worked but not the internal repeater for the indicators.

Thought it might be connected to the battery issues so charged it again and did a 20 min disconnection with no luck so bought a new battery as the old one wasn't holding its charge too well and looked like it may have been in there a very long time.

Got the new battery today, disconnected the old one for 20 mins then connected the new one and still no dash or wheel controls. Hooked up my OBD reader and it came up with error 0155 (Data bus, instrumentation control module - no communication). And 0423 (Invalid data received - instrumentation control module)

I’ve checked all of the fuses by the drivers door and took it for a 20 min blast up the motorway but still nothing.

I had no issues prior to this with any of the instruments. Is there anything else I can check or try before taking it to a garage?

would it be worth disconnecting the battery for longer than 20 mins for example?

Thanks

E320 Cdi 2007 140,000 miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom