Coding etc at the midlands GTG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
We will be attending (with a couple of STAR systems:cool: ) the Midlands GTG on 22nd June and in conjunction with Jay, will be offering the following services at discounted rates;

Coding/Fault diagnosis. Anything you like that your car can support except video/TV in motion. We will try and fit everyone in! We will include a full 'sweep' of the car to check for any issues before and after any coding.

IPOD - Factory ipod kit installs

Comand - A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/R

Please PM with any expressions of interest so we can ensure we have adequate stock and outline pricing.

We cannot offer IPOD or Comand installs on the S/E/CL/CLS or SL range as they take too long to do and will impact on the time available for others.

Not asking for a re map, is it possible to weaken the mixture a touch

I don't see how you can. It's controlled by the Lambda sensor so as long as that is registering correctly it should be Ok.

Try a new sensor.

I don't see how you can. It's controlled by the Lambda sensor so as long as that is registering correctly it should be Ok.

Try a new sensor.

My car blows out a lot of black smuts that settle on the boot and rear of the car, no smoke obviously and my thoughts were that if the normal running range of the O2 sensor could be taken down a touch so that a lower figure is in the middle and stored that might give slightly better economy, there must be a way of coding a new O2 sensor

I reckon you may have a few spectators when doing the electrical mods alfie.

Would it be possible to post a list of mods that may be possible with each model, and key years? Might help people decide what they want.

It's gonna be a goodie!! ;)

I reckon you may have a few spectators when doing the electrical mods alfie.

Would it be possible to post a list of mods that may be possible with each model, and key years? Might help people decide what they want.

It's gonna be a goodie!! ;)

Its difficult to post a list of all possible mods because so much depends on the actual versions of controllers in each car.

I'll see what we can come up with.

To save people asking; we are doing each coding session for £45. For that we will code whatever we can that you want, except TV in motion. We may have to restrict time on each car depending on how many requests we get.

We can quote for Comand and Ipod installs via PM. Expect them to be competitive.

Gollom, yes, you are first for coding.

In order to do mine it would need an exhaust gas analyzer, no other way

Just check your last MOT reading, it will have the outputs listed.

The sensor isn't coded it just produces a voltage depending on the heat of the exhaust gas. Somewhere between 0.1v and 0.9v iirc. The ideal figure is 0.45v, which gives a Lambda value of 1.

You can buy Air/Fuel ratio gauges which connect onto the O2 sensor output.

They will be amplified voltmeters with digital display.

http://www.egauges.com/eg_typeI.asp...l&Letter=All&Needle=All&Diameter=All&Manf=All

Thank you Dieselman.

My last test was done on a brand new SUN tester.

Lambada min limit 0.970. / max limit 1.030 / actual 1.000

Fast idle. max limit CO 0.200 / actual 0.004.

HC max 200 / actual 0.0

So I will say its OK

You know the figures better than I do if theyn make sense to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom