Coding / STAR Sheffield Help!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by mrgsm, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mrgsm

mrgsm Member

Car:
    Mercedes C180 Coupé Kompressor
    Hi, Is there any one in sheffield doing STAR / Coding that knows what they are doing! i'm wanting some things turning on in my C180K Coupe! i see this can be added! tyre pressure loss warning, fuel tank content display, auto folding mirrors (if you have electrically folding mirrors), alarm 'chirp' Ect

2. GlenQ

GlenQ Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 W220 S320 CDI
    I've just been told my my stealer that the alarm 'chirp' is not allowed in Europe but they would do mine if pushed.

3. OP
    OP
    mrgsm

mrgsm Member

Car:
    did your dealer do any star stuff on your car ????

4. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    I would offer to do this for you but our Star is currently out of action. Try Europa in Sheffield they are very amenable at this sort of thing. If you are still struggling let me know and I'll find someone to do it for you.

5. OP
    OP
    mrgsm

mrgsm Member

Car:
    Called Europa in Sheffield, and they have no clue on adding with star system ?

6. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    I'm amazed they do a lot of warranty work and coding for MB and are an authorised MB workshop we have had cars done there, sounds like you might have been talking to the wrong person.

Try DAMAS in Clowne linky HERE

or DS Services Wincobank HERE

Tell them Ian from JAR Motorsport sent you and they will look after you, DAMAS are top notch and def have star:thumb:

7. OP
    OP
    mrgsm

mrgsm Member

Car:
    thanks for the links! i will try DAMAS in the morning! i called ds services today and talked with a chap there! i was asking if he new about adding with the star system in developer mode & he was not sure ?? its not easy to get some one in my aria that knows about adding extra things! i'm a computer programmer so if all else fails i may even invest in a star system & learn how to do it my self @ this rate...

8. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    DAMAS are good but if they can't help let me know and I'll borrow a Star and get our guy to do it for you. Our Star failed and we never replaced it as for diagnostic work we use snap on and bosch but that doesn't help anyone who wants things adding or tweaking in developer mode

9. OP
    OP
    mrgsm

mrgsm Member

Car:
    Thanks for the replies! i saw your web page before! and your not too far from sheffield! there are companies that have the star system but dont know how to use the extra stuff as in developer mode! i will give you a call tom about a remap..

10. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    Sent you my contact details to your e mail that is linked to your profile, just call when convenient and we can discuss whatever you want :thumb: