Coil converting SLS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horatio

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK, 190E
My S211 rear air suspension is sagging when parked (can be either side).

I'm quite tempted to just fit the Arnott coil conversion and have done with the system altogether. Has anyone here tried it?

I don't use the car for towing or carrying anything really heavy.

EDIT: Now I know that SLS stands for Self Levelling Suspension. :doh: :bannana:

Last edited:
SLS = Self Levelling Suspension as fitted to most, if not all, E 211 estates?

My S211 rear air suspension is sagging when parked (can be either side).

I'm quite tempted to just fit the Arnott coil conversion and have done with the system altogether. Has anyone here tried it?

I have the same problem, :-( what did you go for in the end? Arnott Rear Air Springs or the conversion?

I gave the car to my old man and he hasn't done anything to it. I would get the system checked for leaks and go for the Arnott air springs if you need them. A coil conversion could potentially ruin the car. There's a lot of weight over those back wheels with the wheelbase being so long.

I gave the car to my old man and he hasn't done anything to it. I would get the system checked for leaks and go for the Arnott air springs if you need them. A coil conversion could potentially ruin the car. There's a lot of weight over those back wheels with the wheelbase being so long.
Thanks, I checked the Arnott website and they don't fit Elegance models. I guess because of the higher softer ride. So that is that ideas out. Thanks for getting back to to me.

Thanks, I checked the Arnott website and they don't fit Elegance models. I guess because of the higher softer ride. So that is that ideas out. Thanks for getting back to to me.
Can't the height be adjusted?

I've just had a pair of Arnott Rear Air Springs fitted at 202,000 miles. It was sagging and would drop noticeably over a week.
About £600. I was offered the spring conversion at £450 ish but I thought best to leave it stock - also self levelling is handing when towing.

I fitted a pair of Arnott Air Springs to my S211 Elegance three years ago, although I no longer own the car ,it was sold to a friend and there have been absolutely no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom