Coil light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Might be a coincidence, but my good lady tried to start it without waiting for the coil to go off.

Since then, it's very first start in the morning( once coil has gone off ) has became very iffy. But fires straight up on the 2nd.

Relay or duff plug?

Opinions please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually coil light should come again if faulty plug.

I would say its coincidence and culprit is low fuel pressure. Lotsa threads on forum. Does it start if turn ignition on, then back off without starting, back on and start (coil light off of course)? By this the leaky primer pump could be found....

Usually coil light should come again if faulty plug.

I would say its coincidence and culprit is low fuel pressure. Lotsa threads on forum. Does it start if turn ignition on, then back off without starting, back on and start (coil light off of course)? By this the leaky primer pump could be found....

Sorry, the coil light is staying on. But goes off after a minute or so

It's not her fault.

These engines don't really need the glowplugs for starting...even first time in the morning.

It's not her fault.

These engines don't really need the glowplugs for starting...even first time in the morning.
Ide hazard a guess that fuse in ur glow plug modul has gone. Its a typical fault of them. I havent actually came across one yet where when it stayed on it was just a faulty plug. I think what happens when a plug does go faulty it blows a fuse in the module. Its not much of a hassle to open them just time consuming. Worth it to save pennies.

OK it changes all... plug or control module like said... check plugs anyway because faulty plug can fry new control module right away.

Ide hazard a guess that fuse in ur glow plug modul has gone. Its a typical fault of them. I havent actually came across one yet where when it stayed on it was just a faulty plug. I think what happens when a plug does go faulty it blows a fuse in the module. Its not much of a hassle to open them just time consuming. Worth it to save pennies.

Is the module plug and play, and a diy job? I'm a decent Saturday morning mechanic?

I would say so yes. Like I say its just time consuming but definetely worth it to save you money. What i have done in the past is bought ones from scrappies. £20 usually. Fitted them. 2 worked on cars 1 didnt. One that didnt had same fault so I left it in and cut open the cars own module and repaired it. Dunno if your module is the same or not. If so then this would be the way to go Ide say. Seems to be all the info about it >>>>>
How to - Repairing the Glow Plug Relay on a W203 220CDI - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

I would say so yes. Like I say its just time consuming but definetely worth it to save you money. What i have done in the past is bought ones from scrappies. £20 usually. Fitted them. 2 worked on cars 1 didnt. One that didnt had same fault so I left it in and cut open the cars own module and repaired it. Dunno if your module is the same or not. If so then this would be the way to go Ide say. Seems to be all the info about it >>>>>
How to - Repairing the Glow Plug Relay on a W203 220CDI - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Good info, thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom