Coilovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
This is just a heads up for those who are toying with the idea of putting there car on coilovers. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I like the look of a c63 lowered so I purchased a BC racing kit for my pre facelift PP.

I know there’s a few members on here that have coilovers on there c63’s and I know there’s some on here that have KW’s and at least one that has gone with the BC’s. Although the latter is a lot cheaper than the KW’s I had done my homework on them and they have some good feedback as a set up and a company. I won’t go on about build quality as each individual will go there own way on the make they go for.

Now the bit that matters.

Mine was a PP as standard and was rock hard for a road car let a lone a big saloon. Although I have never used it as a daily this was really my only bug bear about the car but as it was a weekend toy I lived with it.

After owning the c63 now for getting on for 5 years and deciding it can’t be replaced unless a fair few pennies are spent I’ve chose to do these mods.

First thing for me that is so surprising is it has transformed the strait line ride. It’s weirdly turned the ride to what it should feel like. Now you can’t feel every bump or drain cover on the road. It pretty much glides over the smaller bumps but when you brake into a fast corner now you get so much more of a positive feel even before you turn in and you can corner so much flatter and faster. It’s kind of made the car feel less cumbersome. It actually feels and corners like a smaller car. I’ve found some of the roads I’ve driven on local for the past 5 years of owning the car, since the coilovers have been on I’m finding that I actually don’t have to break for some whereas before I did. This is all obviously keeping in the national speed limits of cause and I wouldn’t condone anything else.

I have the damping set front and back approximately a quarter down from the hardest setting and it’s only really been set up by me. If or should I say when I take it to wheels in motion to get it set up properly I may even see some improvements.

So just to finish. If anybody is wondering if it’s worth the hassle of going over to coilovers on the c63 ( because I did ) it’s worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom