Cold Rev Limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Sorry if this is a daft question, I wondered if the engine in the CLS63 had a cold rev limit.

I usually allow any car I'm driving to warm up but I'm aware my Megane 225 has a cold rev limit (4k although never hit it). Wondered if the AMGs had something similar.

Also what is the cars hot oil temp? Wondered as I've never actually had an oil temp gauge. Sorry for the daft questions, just wanna look after my new purchase. :thumb:

Never noticed one on mine but, as you say, it never gets revved until the oil is warmed up, especially after seeing one with the valve train damaged.

Oil temp gauge changes from blue to white at 80 degrees C (in the AMG menu) I usually leave it till it gets to around 90 before driving "spiritedly".

I must admit I've only ever hit the limiter on one car I was driving which was an ex's Clio 182.

Also, with this kind of car even changing 3,000rpm in each gear means you're shifting somewhat.

Alex225 said:
I must admit I've only ever hit the limiter on one car I was driving which was an ex's Clio 182. Also, with this kind of car even changing 3,000rpm in each gear means you're shifting somewhat.

Hitting the red line is a good thing, especially for diesels

When I drive my old mans V70 D5 i like to give it the beans from time to time, as he drives it like the pensioner he is. The black smoke it emits at first is shocking but soon clears up as the engine clears its throat.

Silly thing with the RS Clios is that they had a gear change light, used to flash about 100rpm before the limiter although those 2.0 engines are often remapped to rev higher than standard without issue.

Just intrigued about the AMG engines and cold limits really. Don't need to rev too much with 500bhp unless you're going a bit mental haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom