Cold start issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markssl

When starting in the morning the glow plug light goes off as normal but it takes an age, maybe 3/4 full key cycles to start if it's very cold outside. Once the car has warmed up a bit it will start as normal all day long.I put a diagnostic reader on it tonight and got 10 errors including one pointing to the glow plug module. The others were to do with O2 sensor etc. See pic. I can buy a new unit for about £100.
Would anyone think this is the way to go?
It had new glow plugs a while back and as the light extinguish's as normal I don't think they are the problem.
Thanks
41fb504de52b1fd7af8596d4ead10d3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When starting in the morning the glow plug light goes off as normal but it takes an age, maybe 3/4 full key cycles to start if it's very cold outside. Once the car has warmed up a bit it will start as normal all day long.I put a diagnostic reader on it tonight and got 10 errors including one pointing to the glow plug module. The others were to do with O2 sensor etc. See pic. I can buy a new unit for about £100.
Would anyone think this is the way to go?
It had new glow plugs a while back and as the light extinguish's as normal I don't think they are the problem.
Thanks
41fb504de52b1fd7af8596d4ead10d3b.jpg

P0670 is the glow plug module fault code

where are you based?? does the glow plug light come on whilst your driving???

Stourbridge, West Mids. No the light goes out as normal. Before I had the glow plugs changed the light was staying on. This is why I think it's the relay.

Has anyone changed this part to improve cold starting?

Yes , replaced mine a month or so ago.

Car starts as it should now.

Genuine MB part was £120 from my local indy and took 30 mins to fit.

Kenny

Cheers Kenny I shall get one.

I had the same on my E320. Make sure you get a genuine MB relay unit. Mercland sorted mine and when it went back on star, the o2 sensor that was previously showing had disappeared!

Is this ok do you think?
dfa543b204a5202918352930b48405f9.png

The genuine MB one was only £120 , I don't know about the quality of the one in your pic but for an extra £20 I would buy the Mercedes one.

I does look the same as the updated mercedes one.

Kenny

Ok I'll call MB tomorrow. Which MB dealership did you buy from?

I bought mine from my local indy - Merparts in Port Glasgow.

Kenny

Ok thanks. I'm just thinking my local dealership may charge a lot more having bought parts from them before.

I bought mine from my local indy - Merparts in Port Glasgow.

Kenny

Just checked with my local Merc dealer and they quoted me £195.60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom