Collecting My C63 507 edition.... Finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having owned VW DSG cars for over 15 years they are awesomely quick and never had any trouble. Had a Golf R 7spd DSG which was lightening quick on changes and very rapid. With the C63 there is so much power and torque which gear you are in (or mode) is largely irrelevant most of the time. If in doubt just go Sport+ and you have Warp Drive , if the rear tyres can put it to the road. :)

I think its a learning process, i've owned VW DSG cars for around 10 years and like you say rapid gear changes. I suppose i need to learn how to drive this car, still not impressed with manual mode but i suppose theres nothing that can be done regarding the response time from pressing the paddle and it actually changing gear

I think its a learning process, i've owned VW DSG cars for around 10 years and like you say rapid gear changes. I suppose i need to learn how to drive this car, still not impressed with manual mode but i suppose theres nothing that can be done regarding the response time from pressing the paddle and it actually changing gear

You do need to think ahead a bit more than with the DSG box , which is not a bad thing actually. With the C63 the main question is “how hard do I really want to press the right pedal ” ? , it’s often a lot easier to put speed on than remove it safely. :)

Thanks again for all the comments chaps.

Still waiting on the 507 decals for the sides, in the meantime...…. I cant help looking at it.
I even vacuumed the engine bay today after work.....

thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_29_51_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_29_51_Pro.jpg thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_30_10_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_43_48_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_43_52_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190520_15_44_16_Pro.jpg

Congratulations, don’t worry about posting pictures, bring it up to Gaydon on 26 May and join at least two other 507s. ;)

What colour is it?

Andy

Whats happening in Gaydon?

Not sure the key less go is a positive on a C63 these days but I will let the OP make up his mind on that one.

Well TBH, I had my concerns anyway.... but the ignition starter button that receives the key signal can be removed in a second, so you couldn't start it anyway even with a fancy code reader?

I've pondered that but I don't know if the button is coded to the car or a thief could bring one with him...?

I think its coded to the key..... And you couldn't nick it off my drive at night, its outside my bedroom window, the cold start would wake up the street!

Very nice. I have a sneaking suspicion that was my neighbours' old car. Sounded bloody lovely when started from cold.

Very nice. I have a sneaking suspicion that was my neighbours' old car. Sounded bloody lovely when started from cold.

its a small World

Very nice Lee. I must say that silver does look good, it’s a worthy second place contender to black in fact;)

Will look the business when you get the stripes on!

Very nice Lee. I must say that silver does look good, it’s a worthy second place contender to black in fact;)

Will look the business when you get the stripes on!
cheers Nigel

it goes in to a body shop for some paint work correction in 2weeks and then onto sign writers to have the pen decals fitted on the 6th July ,

the cost if those stripes are ridiculous, so I'm having them fitted by a pro rather than mess it up myself

sorry about the typo's, doing this from my phone and my thumbs are massive!

cheers Nigel

it goes in to a body shop for some paint work correction in 2weeks and then onto sign writers to have the pen decals fitted on the 6th July ,

the cost if those stripes are ridiculous, so I'm having them fitted by a pro rather than mess it up myself

Wise move in my opinion Lee. Decals like that are very easy to screw up DIY and yet a pro makes it look so easy!

It’s always good to know when to, and when not to, DIY !

Wise move in my opinion Lee. Decals like that are very easy to screw up DIY and yet a pro makes it look so easy!

It’s always good to know when to, and when not to, DIY !

A wonky stripe could drive you nuts :eek:

How much are a set of genuine 507 stripes from MB?

Im sure you are aware but you get two years parts warranty on AMGs. I had three keyless go door handles replaced for free after they failed (Common problem on older cars) within 2 years of being replaced. And my car is 14 years old. MB Brooklands also.

they are
You’re actually correct on the “would” . I know a set for the W205 Edition 1 are about £800.
yes your correct, I was quoted 650. and I almost fainted!, but I had a cunning plan, so I bought the set, I've had them copied by a sign writer that I use for my Vans, he as had to re draw them, taking the all the sizes from the originals, the vinyl is a permanent grade, same texture and colour. I can have 10 sets supplied and fitted for the cost of 1 OEM set. guaranteed for 10yrs.

Not ‘could’... WOULD!

Stripes are only £25 on eBay... from China...

well yes, but on poor quality vinyl that will prob only last a couple of years, and I doubt you'll ever get the same set twice,
I've looked into it. not all reproduced sets are the same pattern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom