Collecting My C63 507 edition.... Finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im sure you are aware but you get two years parts warranty on AMGs. I had three keyless go door handles replaced for free after they failed (Common problem on older cars) within 2 years of being replaced. And my car is 14 years old. MB Brooklands also.

Yes matey I am, but tbh I'm not that comfortable with the keyless entry anyway so I disabled the system.

its a little more pleasing when you actually use the key to start the car..... \Kinda like playing Music. Loading a CD or record has a sense of occasion about it. rather than just hitting the play button on the Ipod.

Whenever I drive a keyless go car I always have a moment struggling to work out where to put the keys! I’ve often thought “what this car needs is a handy little slot in the instrument panel to safely put the keys...”

AKA an ignition lock...!

I've never understood that as a problem. Before you got in the car they were in your pocket and that's where they can stay...

Yes matey I am, but tbh I'm not that comfortable with the keyless entry anyway so I disabled the system.

its a little more pleasing when you actually use the key to start the car..... \Kinda like playing Music. Loading a CD or record has a sense of occasion about it. rather than just hitting the play button on the Ipod.
Do you not like the keyless entry for lack of driver involvement or is there a legitimate security concern (and if so do most people just use a signal blocking pouch for the keys)?

Its kinda both TBH matey,

I've not tried using the key pouch, only for the simple reason that I thought, for the key to work you would have to take it out of the pouch, and then put it back in when you have locked the car?? I'm not entirely sure, I also know that leaving the keys a certain distance away also prevents signal jamming apparently?

I've never had a car with the keyless entry system, so having the option now, does make things a little confusing when getting in, and then a brief moment where I'm all fingers and thumbs etc. my vans and GLE are not keyless entry so I've got used to having to use the key etc.
I also feel more engagement unlocking the car, getting in, using the key to start it and BOOM!!! the glorious sound of the V8 cold start.

Its just a preference really, I'm not a big gadget person anyway, even a smart phone can confuse me LOL!!!

Its just a preference really, I'm not a big gadget person anyway, even a smart phone can confuse me LOL!!!
Ha - know the feeling. I wasn't really a fan of keyless, but it is handy to stuff the key into your jacket, open the door without fumbling for the key, chuck your jacket in the back and just start the car. Getting lazy in me old age ;).

I love keyless go. The only issue I find now is when I drive one my the cars or vans without keyless. I end up getting out the vehicle and leaving the keys behind! :D

I only get a couple metres away before I realise I can’t lock it, so I end up checking the ignition for keys, obviously after a self pat down. :oops:

The worst bit is, I rarely drive my keyless go car! But a habit I clearly like :wallbash::D

Ha - know the feeling. I wasn't really a fan of keyless, but it is handy to stuff the key into your jacket, open the door without fumbling for the key, chuck your jacket in the back and just start the car. Getting lazy in me old age ;).
I’m a bit too nervous for just trusting the distance... But cold start and turning the key in the ignition - fantastic!

Not ‘could’... WOULD!

Stripes are only £25 on eBay... from China...

Here you Go Nigel

I've been looking into the after market decals on Ebay.. So I ordered 3 sets from different suppliers, they are all Miles away from OEM design and quality.
I use a very good Sign writer for our Vans, and he is able to duplicate the originals with the exact same vinyl brand, quality, colour, pigment, texture etc, so I'm having them copied for the future, and if any club owners need them, I can get them done Much cheaper than OEM that charge £704,00 per set.
The Black ones are ebay replicas.
thumbnail_WP_20190612_14_19_32_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190612_14_19_37_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190612_14_19_43_Pro.jpg
As you can see, the pattern, sizes, profiles etc are completely different.
The vinyl is cheap 3 year stuff,
The colour is matte black, and in fact the real colour is almost charcoal, with a silver pigment.

Blimey.

Just to be clear Lee... I was joking...!

But even in jest, I didn’t think they’d be THAT bad !!

thank god for that, at least now you know for the future.

I've not tried using the key pouch, only for the simple reason that I thought, for the key to work you would have to take it out of the pouch, and then put it back in when you have locked the car?? I'm not entirely sure, I also know that leaving the keys a certain distance away also prevents signal jamming apparently?
You can just double press the lock button on the fob to disable keyless, then Press a button on the fob to enable it again.
I do that at night when the car is parked up, then simply press a button before I leave home the following morning, and put the key in my pocket.

This is my second MB with keyless go and apart from having to keep replacing the door handles, I love it. Surely theres a much greater "sense of occasion" pressing the starter button.

This is my second MB with keyless go and apart from having to keep replacing the door handles, I love it. Surely theres a much greater "sense of occasion" pressing the starter button.
TBH I have been using it this week, having had more time to drive the car this week I'm now getting used to it.. and yes, I do still get that excited feeling as I hit the button.

Think its just a case of using the car more instead of just looking at it.

Err, you own a 507 and you just look at it ?

Get out and drive it man, they’re addictive :banana:
dude, i love the car, can't get enough of it, its my weekend toy, i simply don't have the time to drive it in the week. So i have to settle for looking at it.... It's got so bad that I've found myself doing it while brushing my teeth 2twice a day.

dude, i love the car, can't get enough of it, its my weekend toy, i simply don't have the time to drive it in the week. So i have to settle for looking at it.... It's got so bad that I've found myself doing it while brushing my teeth 2twice a day.
Do you keep your car in the bathroom [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom