Collecting My C63 507 edition.... Finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeJV

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes C63 AMG editon 507
Finally, after weeks of searching, and then Finding the right car for me 2 weeks ago, I'm now collecting my car today!
I took a trip up over to Brooklands Mercedes 2 weeks ago in the hope that I would be able to bring the car home the same day...
After they did the best they could to get the car ready to take home, when they did the PDI, they found that it needed some work to bring it back to main dealer standard.. so much work, that its taken 2 weeks to complete.
Quite surprised at this tbh, but can't fault the dealership in anyway for the attention to detail and standards that they insist upon.
The car looked great and drove fantastic, but hey have still fitted the following new parts
4 brand new tyres as the existing tyres didn't match
New front and rear brake discs. as the existing set were over 50% worn.
Full set of brake pads, existing were over 50% worn
They sent the wheels away for a full refurb, (and not just a re paint in the car park!)
New Air condition unit.
New keyless entry system, Loom, and door handle.
Full MOT
B service
and a 2 year warranty.

Despite the waiting, its been the best experience I've ever had buying a used car.
I'll get some pics up later when I'm at the dealership.

Unlike my AMG purchased from MB! Agreed it would be serviced and MOT'D as it was within 3 months of the due date. Collected it two weeks later ( to give them time to respray rear bumper and complete everything else ) asked specifically if it had been serviced etc, and they confirmed it had. Got home 275 miles away and two days later they rang up to ask a driver could pick it up because they had forgotten to service and MOT it !
Declined politely! :mad: They paid to have it done at my local MB dealer after a bit of hassle.
Car is brilliant though:)

LeeJV. Looks like they have saved you a ton of cash doing all that before you collect it. It's is though a bit worrying for others looking for a similar car NOT being supplied by Brooklands MB. Air con unit , Key less entry , door handle and wiring loom, mis matched tyres ....?? Quite a list. How old is it ? Mileage ?

Hurry up with those photos ! :thumb:

Pics?? Full collection video and first drive reaction please!!

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

LeeJV. Looks like they have saved you a ton of cash doing all that before you collect it. It's is though a bit worrying for others looking for a similar car NOT being supplied by Brooklands MB. Air con unit , Key less entry , door handle and wiring loom, mis matched tyres ....?? Quite a list. How old is it ? Mileage ?

Hurry up with those photos ! :thumb:
its a sept 2013, 3 owners, 40k miles

Hi Lee, I went to see this car at Mercedes Brooklyns when it was first listed.

Check out the 507 register.

Have they replaced the decals?

The cars spec was great but I was really let down by the car when viewing it, the front bumper didn't fit correctly, the rear valance had been painted and was half pulled off at the rear. The tyres were very poor and the decals had been removed because it had been painted down one quarter.

If they have fixed the issues then great :)

Dan

C63 507 Model Register

Get on here regardless! I have pictures of your car as it was delivered to the dealership.

Ive realised how my post came across!

Generally, it was tidy and the paintwork that had been done was done to a good standard so don't let you be put off! The spec of that car was absolutely fantastic with the LSD and keyless.

I didn't have much more of a look around the vehicle as I was disappointed by the dealer not communicating with me particularly well at the time, they seem to have done better with you! I actually got £150 cheque in the post for the wasted trip which I did not expect!

Did they re-fit the decals for you?

The 2 years warranty is worth its weight in gold too!

Dan

Hi Lee, I went to see this car at Mercedes Brooklyns when it was first listed.

Check out the 507 register.

Have they replaced the decals?

The cars spec was great but I was really let down by the car when viewing it, the front bumper didn't fit correctly, the rear valance had been painted and was half pulled off at the rear. The tyres were very poor and the decals had been removed because it had been painted down one quarter.

If they have fixed the issues then great :)

Dan
Leave the guy to enjoy his car. [emoji849]

That is some seriously expensive vehicle preparation!

Enjoy.

thanks for all your comments above,the car is pristine!,
I did ask for them to replace the 507 stripes but after they had spent so much on parts, I think the pot had run dry.
when I went to look at the car. I took my brother in Law who works in a paint / body shop. I knew it had been painted, but tbh, most cars have. He can see things on a car body that most couldn't, as for the rest of it, well, I'll let you see for yourself.

thanks for all your comments above,the car is pristine!,
I did ask for them to replace the 507 stripes but after they had spent so much on parts, I think the pot had run dry.
when I went to look at the car. I took my brother in Law who works in a paint / body shop. I knew it had been painted, but tbh, most cars have. He can see things on a car body that most couldn't, as for the rest of it, well, I'll let you see for yourself.
So..... Pics??

Finally, after weeks of searching, and then Finding the right car for me 2 weeks ago, I'm now collecting my car today!
I took a trip up over to Brooklands Mercedes 2 weeks ago in the hope that I would be able to bring the car home the same day...
After they did the best they could to get the car ready to take home, when they did the PDI, they found that it needed some work to bring it back to main dealer standard.. so much work, that its taken 2 weeks to complete.
Quite surprised at this tbh, but can't fault the dealership in anyway for the attention to detail and standards that they insist upon.
The car looked great and drove fantastic, but hey have still fitted the following new parts
4 brand new tyres as the existing tyres didn't match
New front and rear brake discs. as the existing set were over 50% worn.
Full set of brake pads, existing were over 50% worn
They sent the wheels away for a full refurb, (and not just a re paint in the car park!)
New Air condition unit.
New keyless entry system, Loom, and door handle.
Full MOT
B service
and a 2 year warranty.

Despite the waiting, its been the best experience I've ever had buying a used car.
I'll get some pics up later when I'm at the dealership.

Brooklands are great I go there all the time for services and warranty work as they are my local. They are very good.

Also, I have had a similar experience when I bought my 507 in Oct 2018 (different Mercedes garage though).
4 new tyres
pads
brakes
service b
mot.
aircon regassed!
However, I did not get the keyless entry as I don't have it. I might go back now.

You will enjoy your car no doubt and that 2-year warranty is worth its penny.
Rocky

So..... Pics??

trying but not having much luck uploading them

Finally sorted it! Bloody phone!
Just waiting on the new side decals to arrive in the post and they'll go back on, and fitted the new rear badges today, I like the sleek look of de badged cars, but why deny an AMG car of its I.D.... sacrilege.
The car is amazing, my only gripe is the slow gearchange in manual mode, it may be something I'll get used to and learn how to use it.
I have heard that companies are offering software upgrades for faster changes, but I'm not sure if it can make that much difference??
As for the noise!!!!! well, Why bother with de-cats? it sounds glorious as it is, and intend to keep it factory standard.

thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_27_28_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_27_28_Pro.jpg thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_27_42_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_28_01_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_28_08_Pro.jpg
thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_28_20_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_28_26_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190517_14_28_37_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20190518_08_08_12_Pro.jpg

Awesome!!!

C63 507 Model Register

Get on here regardless! I have pictures of your car as it was delivered to the dealership.

Ive realised how my post came across!

Generally, it was tidy and the paintwork that had been done was done to a good standard so don't let you be put off! The spec of that car was absolutely fantastic with the LSD and keyless.

I didn't have much more of a look around the vehicle as I was disappointed by the dealer not communicating with me particularly well at the time, they seem to have done better with you! I actually got £150 cheque in the post for the wasted trip which I did not expect!

Did they re-fit the decals for you?

The 2 years warranty is worth its weight in gold too!

Dan

I took my brother in law with me, he works in a body shop, so I know it had some paint, but that didn't worry me, most cars have, it does have some stone chips that the dealer offered to do, but I didn't want a car park job, its going into my brother in laws body shop to be done properly.
as for the bumper etc, they must have re fitted it as there were no problems with it when I viewed it.

thanks for comments Dan.... its all Bisto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom