Collecting My C63 507 edition.... Finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brooklands are great I go there all the time for services and warranty work as they are my local. They are very good.

Also, I have had a similar experience when I bought my 507 in Oct 2018 (different Mercedes garage though).
4 new tyres
pads
brakes
service b
mot.
aircon regassed!
However, I did not get the keyless entry as I don't have it. I might go back now.

You will enjoy your car no doubt and that 2-year warranty is worth its penny.
Rocky

I will probably use them for the future services tbh, my local dealer is a franchise, and we have had nothing but problems with them servicing our GLE.
In no way would I consider them for this car

There really is something about the 204 C63 .

Its not trying to be a BMW or a Porsche etc....its perfect as it is, "a character and design of its own that cant be replicated"

Finally sorted it! Bloody phone!
Just waiting on the new side decals to arrive in the post and they'll go back on, and fitted the new rear badges today, I like the sleek look of de badged cars, but why deny an AMG car of its I.D.... sacrilege.
The car is amazing, my only gripe is the slow gearchange in manual mode, it may be something I'll get used to and learn how to use it.
I have heard that companies are offering software upgrades for faster changes, but I'm not sure if it can make that much difference??
As for the noise!!!!! well, Why bother with de-cats? it sounds glorious as it is, and intend to keep it factory standard.

View attachment 86185

View attachment 86185 View attachment 86186

View attachment 86187
View attachment 86188
View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

View attachment 86192

Nice looking car

As for gear the gear change , I’ve had a Golf R with DSG which has about the quickest gearbox you can find, with the C63 you rarely need anything more than Sport + and a well considered squeeze of the right peddle to hit warp drive , and licence removing speed. The only thing the C63 requires is respect. Enjoy. :D

I would guess if they replaced the air on condenser it was just refitted wrong and they sorted it out when I told them about it.

Looks great

my only gripe is the slow gearchange in manual mode, it may be something I'll get used to and learn how to use it.
I have heard that companies are offering software upgrades for faster changes, but I'm not sure if it can make that much difference??

Just do a TCU reset, I do mine every few months it works a treat. There’s an explanation on mbworld also some vids on YT I believe

Great car and pics

Nice looking car

As for gear the gear change , I’ve had a Golf R with DSG which has about the quickest gearbox you can find, with the C63 you rarely need anything more than Sport + and a well considered squeeze of the right peddle to hit warp drive , and licence removing speed. The only thing the C63 requires is respect. Enjoy. :D
Been playing in sport + mode today., and I'm really impressed with how the box works, its great how it holds the gear even off throttle! I must admit it is easier than concentrating on the shifts as well as trying to keep the car in line.
Today really has been a great day... scary, but great!

Just do a TCU reset, I do mine every few months it works a treat. There’s an explanation on mbworld also some vids on YT I believe

Ta matey, I'll take a look into it, is it in the owners manual?

It is indeed standard on the 507 with the black outer and chrome inner. Closest you can get from Mercedes to a blacked out grill, looks perfect to my eyes.

Been playing in sport + mode today., and I'm really impressed with how the box works, its great how it holds the gear even off throttle! I must admit it is easier than concentrating on the shifts as well as trying to keep the car in line.
Today really has been a great day... scary, but great!

Well done and congrats on the new purchase.
Enjoy the car! As i am still enjoying mine after 4.5 years.

Some prefer it in stock form, some like to go all hog, like me!

But i can honestly tell you every spirited drive in one of these for the rest of ownership will be scary, but great! Thats the real character of it! The beast will never be tamed, just keep that in mind!

C63 507 Model Register

Get on here regardless! I have pictures of your car as it was delivered to the dealership.

Ive realised how my post came across!

Generally, it was tidy and the paintwork that had been done was done to a good standard so don't let you be put off! The spec of that car was absolutely fantastic with the LSD and keyless.

I didn't have much more of a look around the vehicle as I was disappointed by the dealer not communicating with me particularly well at the time, they seem to have done better with you! I actually got £150 cheque in the post for the wasted trip which I did not expect!

Did they re-fit the decals for you?

The 2 years warranty is worth its weight in gold too!

Dan
Not sure the key less go is a positive on a C63 these days but I will let the OP make up his mind on that one.

Just waiting on the new side decals to arrive in the post and they'll go back on, and fitted the new rear badges today, I like the sleek look of de badged cars, but why deny an AMG car of its I.D.... sacrilege.
The car is amazing, my only gripe is the slow gearchange in manual mode, it may be something I'll get used to and learn how to use it.
As for the noise!!!!! well, Why bother with de-cats? it sounds glorious as it is, and intend to keep it factory standard.

View attachment 86185

View attachment 86187
View attachment 86188
View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

View attachment 86192
Nice ! Enjoy ! :thumb:

View attachment 86185

View attachment 86187
View attachment 86188
View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

View attachment 86192

Bloody lovely car mate, i'm not lucky enough to own a c63 507 edition but one day i will (when the kids are older). I can relate to the slow gear changes in manual mode, it bloody grinds my gears (pardon the pun). As I've mentioned in a thread it spoils the experience in my opinion, DSG gearboxes are 10 times better than mercs...

Bloody lovely car mate, i'm not lucky enough to own a c63 507 edition but one day i will (when the kids are older). I can relate to the slow gear changes in manual mode, it bloody grinds my gears (pardon the pun). As I've mentioned in a thread it spoils the experience in my opinion, DSG gearboxes are 10 times better than mercs...

Having owned VW DSG cars for over 15 years they are awesomely quick and never had any trouble. Had a Golf R 7spd DSG which was lightening quick on changes and very rapid. With the C63 there is so much power and torque which gear you are in (or mode) is largely irrelevant most of the time. If in doubt just go Sport+ and you have Warp Drive , if the rear tyres can put it to the road. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom