Collectors E55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
6 owners ...

Seems rather expensive, i was looking at 2007 saloons for a bit less than that with same mileages.

"It has full service history which can be provided and discussed as part of the sale"

So if I don't give you top price, you're going to withhold the paperwork? Alongside the vague museum claims, it's sliding fast into delusional twatwaffle territory.

Mint hummm ok, Nice , very nice but hardly mint, coulda polished the star lol

Collectors gonna love those tinted windows and rusty wheel bolts! :D

Seriously though - it looks okay but not £14k to me - 100k miler with fairly low spec. No keyless go or vented seats? I guess it’s got COMAND and a sunroof, parking sensors and seven seats (not many without though!)

It's an 04 ? with less than 100K miles. Why has the entire interior leather had to be re furbished ? just for fun, or was it completely worn out by heavy family/wet dog abuse ?

My car is 06 1270000 miles and all the leather is pristine , except for the obvious bit on the driver bolster which is not quite ready for paint/repair just yet.

this E55 is nice but not as nice as the owner makes out...why if he such an MB nut is he not on this forum...he must hate us :p

"I have had this car in my collection for the past 2 years, and its been used very infrequently as it was bought as a future asset."

Or i've used it to commute long mileages over the last two years and given it a haircut before the annual MoT."

Nice looking car, from the photos, but with six owners on the book, chances are that it hasn't had a closeted, garaged, or well serviced life. Enter with eyes open: rust, recent proper servicing, and all the usual brakes / tyres / consumables need checking. Last MoT said rear tyres needed to be replaced shortly, 2,000 miles later has he done it?

Nowhere near good enough to enter any Mercedes museum, or even as a "for sale" item on a Mercedes main dealer forecourt.

THIS is the minimum of what it takes to become a Mercedes Classic All Star: Fahrzeuge - Mercedes-Benz Classic

classic_news_motorworld_classics_2106_03.jpg

Last edited:
No museum will want that unless it’s the scrapyard challenge museum. Rusty wheel bolts give a clue to just how well that is looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its OK, but nothing special with a big options list.
£2.5k - £3k overpriced for me.
Re the rusty wheelbolts, they all do it so I wouldn't knock the owner for not replacing them with new ones.

I guess he'd better sell it to the London Mercedes Museum then - if he can find it. Google can't...

"It has full service history which can be provided and discussed as part of the sale"

So if I don't give you top price, you're going to withhold the paperwork? Alongside the vague museum claims, it's sliding fast into delusional twatwaffle territory.

I don't think that's what he means, you know; I think he wants a prospective buyer to contact him to get the details. At that asking price, though, I suspect few if any will.

I can't help wondering what he means by 'used very infrequently'; the car has done 20K miles in the last thirty months. I note, too, that the last two MoTs were done in Beaconsfield, 100 miles from where it has been serviced and stored.

I dare say it's genuine, and the seller is too, and if it were £12K I might be interested (I've come round to quite liking limo tints on a Brilliant Silver W211 estate, and I've still got that 55K AMG itch...), but not at his asking price.

Last edited:
I don't think that's what he means, you know; I think he wants a prospective buyer to contact him to get the details. At that asking price, though, I suspect few if any will.

I'm sure that's the case, but given the tone of the advert it's just possible...

When i had my Concours w126, The winner of the Show had a offer to have there car placed in the MB World complex.

That e55k estate is absolutely nowhere good enough imho, If it was it's certainly been let go abit since.

Well, for what it`s worth i think it is a nice motor ...with room for improvement by the new owner!

Personally prefer silver to black and at least it is an Estate which always looks rather stylish but i still think doesn`t look as good as the C Class.

The style of panels is best suited to C Class as when it becomes E Class to much slab sided.

But having said that if i did want one that is the one i would pick and even for that money....quite willing to pay that.

At least you know it has original wheel nuts...Lol.......they all rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom