Colour Coded Bumpers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hosejockey

Car
1999 C200 Classic
Hi all.
I have a 1999 silver c200 classic saloon and i am thinking of painting the door mouldings add the tops of the bumpers the same colour as the car ,at the moment they are the standard matt dark silver which i dont like ,I would be intrested to hear from anybody who has done this mod ,i personally think it would look nice but need your opinion ,and if anyone has a piccie of a before and after that would be great , :crazy:

The door moldings - I did it to my old W202, I sprayed it myself - not the best idea as it was prone to chipping.

Get a bodyshop to do it for you.

As for the bumper trim, you will need to remove and seperate the diffrent parts of the bumper.

Will cost abit to do, but well worth it IMO

Will deffinatly look better thats for sure, more like a Sport model to be exact. If you decide to get it done in a bodyshop might be worth getting the handles done at the same time proffesionally of course. It will then look alot better all round.

Will deffinatly look better thats for sure, more like a Sport model to be exact. If you decide to get it done in a bodyshop might be worth getting the handles done at the same time proffesionally of course. It will then look alot better all round.

The trouble with the handles is, because they're used alot they tend to chip the paint and so it is best to get painted door handles from the stealer. The only bit that you need to get painted is the rear pieces of the front doors.

I know what your saying NW_Merc but I would think that getting them painted professionally should not be a problem, didnt Koolvin get his handles painted professionally ? As hosejockey may be getting the bumper work done thats only why I suggested it it.

Thanks

Yep i think i will get the whole lot done done together,Ialso have two small rust patches around the sunroof to be done .:crazy:

Good stuff mate, keep us posted with any updates and some before and after pics would be great too.

:D yes some pics would be greatly appreciated, and a price too.
i have a grey c180 95, and have just had a small crash in a car park, cracked the front of my bumper, and front indicator. Now i am thinking of going for a front and back body kit, but it would need to be painted.

Any of you guys know of any good proffesionals with good prices? :rock:

AMG - a snip at 1800 quid for front and back bumper and sideskirts.

There was someone on this forum selling a WALD kit for 1200 quid.

There are other kits but neither do they look OEM or tasteful

I know what your saying NW_Merc but I would think that getting them painted professionally should not be a problem, didnt Koolvin get his handles painted professionally ? As hosejockey may be getting the bumper work done thats only why I suggested it it.

I think Koolvin had W210 handles fitted not his original handles painted

AMG - a snip at 1800 quid for front and back bumper and sideskirts.

There was someone on this forum selling a WALD kit for 1200 quid.

There are other kits but neither do they look OEM or tasteful

1200 is that the price for painted or just the kit itself?
I googled the WALD kits, they do look GREAT :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom