Coloured calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beefbeefbeef

Car
CLK 320 Cdi
Afternoon All

My first post here and straight in at the deep end!

I am the proud new owner of a 320 Cdi CLK Sport and would like to improve the sporty appearance by getting some coloured brake calipers. To be honest, I am looking for them to look good rather than wanting improved performance.

Options appear to be:

1. Repaint existing calipers
2. Buy some new calipers
3. Buy some caliper covers

Anyone got thoughts on what would suit me best? I'd like it to look pukka rather than a cheap job (maybe rules out 1 and 3 above?).

Cheers

Phil

Afternoon All

My first post here and straight in at the deep end!

I am the proud new owner of a 320 Cdi CLK Sport and would like to improve the sporty appearance by getting some coloured brake calipers. To be honest, I am looking for them to look good rather than wanting improved performance.

Options appear to be:

1. Repaint existing calipers
2. Buy some new calipers
3. Buy some caliper covers

Anyone got thoughts on what would suit me best? I'd like it to look pukka rather than a cheap job (maybe rules out 1 and 3 above?).

Cheers

Phil

1. Will work using heat resistant paint (e.g. oven paint or barbecue paint etc) and very careful application.

2. Will be expensive, and eventually the new calipers will rust again. Unless you buy new painted calipers.

3. Might contribute to heat build up, and trap mud and moisture.

You could also consider sending the calipers off to someone who will refurbish and properly paint them at the same time.

...and Welcome to the forum!

I've used a company called Big Red Brakes before and they were very good.

Contrary to the name they will do calipers in any colour!

The only down side is that you do have to take them off the car and get them sent away for a couple of weeks but they refurbish the entire caliper and then properly coat them with temperature resistant powder coat.

The end result is something that looks OE, rather than DIY!

I am the proud new owner of a 320 Cdi CLK Sport and would like to improve the sporty appearance
First off would be getting rid of the CDI badge ;)

Painting the calipers yourself is not a difficult task, just get paint designed for the job (ie high temp) Something like this would be fine

VHT YELLOW BRAKE CALIPER & DRUM PAINT SP738 | eBay

or you can get stuff that is applied via brush. With the spray version, i'd advise removing the callipers from the car to avoid overspray and it'll allow them to be cleaned thoroughly too. Just remember that you will need to bleed the brakes after refitting them.

i.e trying to make it look like a petrol - slower and thirstier - thus making me look clueless. Why would anyone do that?!

Obviously some people would. :fail

Don't be concerned about badges, be concerned about your brakes. As mentioned above, use a decent heat resistant paint in a colour of your choice and enjoy the car.

i.e trying to make it look like a petrol - slower and thirstier - thus making me look clueless. Why would anyone do that?!

Diesels do not a performance image have.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom