Coloured Calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Building up my little list of mods for my car (C180k Avantgarde SE Sport 2004) and have decided that I quite fancy some coloured calipers which will be seen behind my wide spaced alloys. :D

Of course they would need to have Mercedes Benz on them. But it leaves 2 questions.....

1) What would everyone suggest the best colour would be for an Obsidian Black coloured car?:confused:

2) Where do I buy these and how much are they?

Opinions welcome.

I like my silver ones - original issue with the sports package and drilled discs

Some firms on Ebay sell the caliper decals, not sure though of how good or nice they are, you could Letroset the name, but not the star and then clear lacquer them

Some firms on Ebay sell the caliper decals, not sure though of how good or nice they are, you could Letroset the name, but not the star and then clear lacquer them

What clear lacquer do you buy? Can this be applied to wheels for extra protection and twinkle?

I like my silver ones - original issue with the sports package and drilled discs

They come with "Mrecedes Benz" in white, class :rock:

What clear lacquer do you buy? Can this be applied to wheels for extra protection and twinkle?

Without taking the calipers off you are stuck with cellulose, or you could use 2k if you have a drying lamp. Its not possible to put anything onto wheels as the surface need flatting to make it stick.

I've seen a few sets of AMG calipers come up from time to time. Again silver, but with high gloss finish and AMG logo.

If you get the C32 fitmment, as long as you're wheels are big enough, I would imagine would be a fairly simple job for someone handy with a spanner.

If you do swap the calipers, remember to budget for discs and pads though!!

I've seen a few sets of AMG calipers come up from time to time.
Or buy from a dealer - I recalled a similar thread a while back - prices for AMG items more reasonable than one might expect.

Building up my little list of mods for my car (C180k Avantgarde SE Sport 2004) and have decided that I quite fancy some coloured calipers which will be seen behind my wide spaced alloys. :D

Of course they would need to have Mercedes Benz on them. But it leaves 2 questions.....

1) What would everyone suggest the best colour would be for an Obsidian Black coloured car?:confused:

2) Where do I buy these and how much are they?

Opinions welcome.
Do what I done. Clean them up with a wire brush and paint them with red high temperature paint.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Do what I done. Clean them up with a wire brush and paint them with red high temperature paint.

Must admit after seeing yours I am also very tempted. How long did it take?

Its worth slipping the pads out to do this, then you have nothing to mask off and it would look better. Cleanliness is the order of the day. A Brillo pad is ideal to clean them.

While you are at it, spray the hub with silver Hamerite

Last edited:

Not long. Done at the same time I replaced my pads. Each caliper cleaning time approx 15 mins with a wirebrush. Painting each, 10 mins. The high temp Halfords brand red paint is also quick drying.

Painted about 3 months ago. Still as red now and easily cleanable. The dust washes off easily through the spaces on the wheels.

Wear a mask when using the wire brush. ( breathing mask, not halloween mask)

Last edited:
A friend of mine painted his calipers.

The paint caught fire.

For the calipers to overheat that much, the pads must have been down to the metal and the paint must have been highly flamable.

High temp paint will not ignite from exhaust pipe heat, never mind caliper heat.

For the calipers to overheat that much, the pads must have been down to the metal and the paint must have been highly flamable.

High temp paint will not ignite from exhaust pipe heat, never mind caliper heat.

It was on a Jetta GTI and we were both about 19 so thats a distinct possibility :crazy:

I have painted one of my calipers so far, cleaned with wire brush and aerosol brake cleaner (Carb cleaner achieves the same). Also painted back plate to the disk. Both times used hammerite smooth and no problems so far! Looks so much better, especially behind alloys with large spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom