Comand 2.0 AUX IN interference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justinp

Car
ML 270 CDI
Hi Guys

Ages ago I added an AUX IN cable to my comand 2.0. I’ve just bought a new iPhone, which works great until I connect a car charger. When charging I get a very loud interference which is louder than the music. My old iPod did the same, but I thought that was a problem with that iPod / Charger.

I have tried connecting both the iPhones headphone jack plug, and the phono out using an iPod composite video lead and both give the same interference when connected to the charger. I get the interference even when the engine is not running, although it is noticeably worse with the engine running.

The actual cable I used for the AUX IN to the command was the wire from a pair of iPod headphones, I simply snipped of the ear buds and soldered the wires to the connector. Could cable type be the reason?

So, any ideas what I can try to eliminate the interference.

Has anyone successfully connected an iPod type device to the AUX-IN whilst charging it?

Thanks

Justin

i added an aux socket to my comand 2.0 in my clk.... i have since sold the car but i never did cure the 'noise' issue i had.... i guess this would have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom