COMAND 2.5 DVD Changer issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakeyboy999

Car
1999 w208 clk230
Evening all.

Just bought a nice facelift C219 from a local dealer and loving it so far. However, the DVD Changer is playing up. As soon as I open the car door, the DVD goes into action and whirs as though it is trying to load/eject a DVD. It does it for about 5 mins then stops. For around 2-3 mins, nothing actually plays at all - the unit won't play radio or aux etc. Then it's OK. The unit says the slots are all empty and it won't let me add any more. It's really frustrating.

The dealer will happily pay for a fix, if I can tell them what needs to be done. They did buy a new unit of ebay, but it was worse than the one I already have (If I go down this route, does it need to be an identical model number or can I go off piste and get any that fits an E Class/CLS? (Mine has the usual Nav, SD, Media Input, BTetc.)

Does anyone know what the issue might be please and if it's fixable at all?

Cant help with the problem but Comandonline should be so you could send it off to them for repair , however the NTG 2.5 was marginal at best even when new 12 years ago and IIRC there are no new updated maps available now so what about retrofitting something a bit more modern with more bells and whistles than the 2.5 ?

K

Cant help with the problem but Comandonline should be so you could send it off to them for repair , however the NTG 2.5 was marginal at best even when new 12 years ago and IIRC there are no new updated maps available now so what about retrofitting something a bit more modern with more bells and whistles than the 2.5 ?

K
I might well add in a new unit (when I have a bit more free $$) and I have been looking. I would still like to get the 2.5 working though (I have the latest maps from 2019) either for resale or to put back into the car when I sell it. Thanks.

The DVD changers can drop a disk into the bottom if the changer if disks left in when unit is sent by post or if someone shoves a disk in at the wrong point. Probably needs a new DVD changer installed ..

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom