Comand 2 plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mboy

Hi,

I have a comand 2 in my car and it already has a cd changer connected to it and bluetooth unit so the tv plug slot in the comand it taken.

I purchased a tv interface for it, but I cannot connect it because the two plugs are used by the cd changer and bluetooth. How can I connect it tv interface?

Thanks,

regards,

Mas

The C1 (small 8 pin plug) has 2 pins for the CDC power and 6 for the TV tuner (video), so move the 2 wires from the 8 pin plug to the exact same locations on the plug on the TV interface lead

The C2 (larger plug) (18 pins I think) has lots of control cables so move the wires from the one with least wires to the exact same pin in the one with more (again, I suspect TV tuner wiring has more wires than the car one)

Be very careful not to short any wires together -i.e move them one by one

Richard

Thanks for advise.

I can see the end of the wires on the C1 and it shouldn't be a problem to pull them out, but the C2 (the one with a clip) appears to be sealed so how do I pull those wires out.

Regards,

Mas

C1 connector, dont forget to pop up the lock clips on each side

C2, the connector contact shell sides out of the main housing, look carefully at one end and theres a little latch that bends upwards as you slide the connector shell out of the housing, then the wires unclip with a sharp pointed object (like the C1 does after the locks are raised)

R

Once again thank you for help. I haven't tried it yet, but thank you for providing the details.

Kind regards

What is the best way to pop up the lock pins, what tool should I use? For the C1 plug are the lock pins next to the wire which is going into the plug.

Regards,

Mas

the pins are actually square tube with spilt sides, the splits are like a barb. You have to push the barb back in and the tube will pull out.

Hi,

I have managed to connect the multimedia interface to my command 2, but when I press the TV it shows 'NO TV' on the screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Regards,

Mas

I think you havent got the CANbus wires right in the C2 connector (there is a TV CAN bus connection) when you moved the wires.

It is possible the unit needs coding to tell it there is TV - but when I last added TV to a Comand 2 it saw it even though it wasnt coded for it (European car)

R

Sorry what is a CANbus?

The only wires I moved were the cd changer ones to the multimedia interface C2 plug.

Canbus is the communication network - in the case of the TV tuner there is a CANbus link between the TV tuner and 2 pins on the C2 connector. It is this that the COMAND uses to detect the prescence of the TV tuner and to communicate with it

R

The only wires I moved was a pink and grey wire for the cd changer from the orginal c2 plug to the multimedia interface plug c2 plug.

The mutlimedia interface is the one with rca video and audio inputs. Do I need to connect a dvd device to it first?

Ok, i think that is a W163 ML you are talking about (from the colours) - and thus the C2 only has those 2 wires in it.

I dont know anything about your multimedia interface - so cant comment much - but check it has power - I dont think you will need a DVD device connected first, the COMAND should recognise its prescence (thinking it has a TV tuner) when you press the TV button.

What did you do with the C1 connector ? Move the 2 wires from the car's wiring to the MM interface's C1 connector ?

Does your car actually have the CD changer ?

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom