COMAND - A New User's View

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
NTG 2.5 with HK in a W203

To all those with facelifted W203's yes it is possible to have NTG 2.5 retrofitted. Done a few of them now, MarkJay's included.

I am in the process of doing this same upgrade to my C55. Comand unit is in, HK amp installed and ipod video kit in and working. Just having a few 'issues' with the new HK amp! Once thats resolved i'll then add reversing camera.

Will post some pictures when its all done.

Absolutely Bizarre

Alfie,

Absolutely bizarre. Went to the dealers. We agreed I must have the latest firmwware because I had the AUX Boost volume opton (which did fix the AUX low sound problem) so work was done.

Before I went to the dealers I had tried a 1GB Kingston CF Card which worked great (but far too small).

With the confidence that I had the right firmware I purchased a 16GB Inov8 CF Card today and put my full collection of MP3's on it.

Tried 16GB the card in the slot, and got a message "no playable files"

The bizarre bit is that I am now getting the same message with the 1GB caard which was working before I went to the dealers - this I reallly can't understand ?

Any furter advice will be really appreciated -

1gb was 32 bit

Just to confirm the 1GB file was working at both 16 & 32 bit ( I had formatted borth ways to test)

I havnt don any testing of this myself. but I have heard from customers that Sandisk types work best of all.

I would perhaps pop along to the dealer armed with the 1GB stick and tell him the unit has packed up and can they check for another update;)

Got it Working - Great

Thanks to those of you who have provided advice via this forum.

Talked to one of my IT guys at work, and it turned out I had inadvertanly bent one of the pins in the adapter.

Got a new PCMCIA CF Adapter at Lindy (who happen to be just over the road from where I live) and the 16GB CF Card (which is INOV8) that I purchased from Camera Mart (£49 but they were prepared to offer a full refund if hadn't worked) appears to be working great so far - its early days but well chuffed I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom