Comand Accuracy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David J

Car
Mercedes CLS320 CDi
Im using an NTG1 with 07/08 maps. I find it a real pain the wotsit to use. I set it to take me to a town the other night , I knew about 90% of the route anyway as Ive been before but thought Id give Comand a shot at it. It took me a really roundabout way , I think it added about 25 mins onto the journey even though I had the settings set to fastest route. My gut feeling is that the free sat nav I have on my iPhone would have taken me a better \ faster route. Anyone feel like this ?? I don't think its anything to do with old maps and new roads as it country roads almost 99% of the time which haven't changed in about 100 years.

I've found that most built-in car satnavs work reasonably well 80 to 90% of the time but some are defo better than others. The one in my Lexus is streets ahead of the one in my W215 (pun intended) which insists on taking me on a 5 mile detour from the M1 to my house even though there is a direct route that's only 1 mile. Interestingly, a friend who has a brand new BMW X5 says that does exactly the same thing.

In general, I've found Google Maps to be better than most, with more accurate traffic info as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom