Comand and TCM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mayoga

Car
CLK 320 & Elise LB RT
Hi All

Just bought a new GB Tele Atlas navigation cdrom for my Comand system and I now get the TCM displayed :)

When I select the "show traffic information" is just says "No traffic information available".

Does this mean the UK is still not using TCM? :crazy: :crazy:

Cheers

Gav.

mayoga, i have the Becker traffc pro system. Installed that few months ago. It is supposed to show TCM too, allowing dynamic route selection depending on traffic conditions. I can never get that to function. I did some searching on the web few months ago, and the conclusion i reached is that while you can get high TCM coverage in Germany, the UK is one of those conuntries that is not active in this ( unless someone can correct me?)

In London, one of the stations that supposed to have TCM boradcasts is Classic FM, and the TCM indicator lights up when I tune to this station, but tuning to it doesnt seem to make any effect/difference to the satnav route selection.

Cheers John. Same conclusion as me :(

BTW. Could of done with this today as it might of prevented me being stuck on a Closed M5 :crazy:

Gav.

Is that the UK/Ireland DX 2004 disc?- the TMC (or is it TCM) has been discussed before and the conclusion is that its switched on, but not working.

>> Is that the UK/Ireland DX 2004 disc?-

Yep, that's the one.

Does anybody know when data will be sent?

Gav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom