Comand and TV Tuner - front & rear screens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Hi All

Just thought I'd post a quick update.

Took my car (1999 W210 E55) to dealer to day to see if they could get my MB Comand TV tuner to work in the front comand display as it was blanked even when the car was stationary.

Success! Better than I thought because now it works on the move as well! They didnt test drive it to check so I wont be telling them! ;)

For those that dont know, in the rear I have also fitted an S class rear monitor and bracket that fixes to the sides of the centre console. Also used wiring loom from an S class . Also got a remote control for the kids to change channels or paly on PS2 in the back, leaving me to listen to radio, Cd or Nav in the front. Well cool!

I have a new camera so hopefully I can post a few pics over the weekend.

Thanks to all for the help I have received over the past weeks.

Next job the phone kit - already got the 6310i interface & just waiting for the wiring kit & hardware.

:bannana:

If anyone is interested, I found out from Megacomm in Germany that they make an interface that will allow the comand TV tuner to connect to a single or a pair of normal TFT LCD monitors - headrest type .

Their English forum gives some info: http://www.megaauto.de/foren/viewtopic.php?t=34

Question?
"Can you tell me how to fit a rear monitor plugged to Comand?"

Answer:from megacomm themselves:
"Yes, it'S really simple, use our rear-monitor interface #4467 from our online-shop and you may connect up to two TFT-monitors with standard composite video-in to your COMAND TV-tuner"

:)

Are you coming to the GTG on Sunday? It would be good to see your command install in real life.

Hi Jimmy

Thanks , but Sorry I cant make it, I didnt qualiy for a pass-out. ! :mad:

hopefully I can make the next one though.

Nice one Steve, been following this for a while as I am thinking of installing COMAND in my E240....

Just out of interest, what are the running costs like for your E55? I'm thinking about one in the future....particularly as my annual mileage has dropped a fair bit.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi

Running costs ?? Hmmmm! I darent add it all up!

Actually, fuel consumption is about the same as my previous C230k (yes shude I had one too!)

servicing is a bit dear - just had new discs cost £600 ish car is just over 3 yrs old. , tyres wear ok, I dont do many wheel spins .

overall I am guessing as my firm pays the bills so i dont worry too much - but probably around 25% more than the C class - but a darned site cheaper than the Maserati 3200GT I foolishly bought and kept just 8 months - what a money pit that was!

not sure if this is much help but there you go. Th eE55 is the best car I have ever owned (I've had a good few) and I would recommend it to any one.

cheers

steve

Hopefully these pics will show up.

a before comand pic and some after pics with the Rear screen.
The phone has been removed for now pending installation of new MB /comand phone kit.

pic1.jpg

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

:bannana:

Last edited:
Nice install....

I noticed your valintine 1 with the remote display . How much did that cost for the remote display and the unit.

cheers fuzzer

the V1 I've had for 3 years now it cost around £400 + 50 for the remote display. the main unit is mounted behind the rear view mirror. bought from radar direct in chester. Above that is a geodessy display that i cut off from the main unit which is mounted under the lid of the centre console armrest using a reradiating antenna - the gps antenna is hidden behind the front left dash speaker grill (no speaker in there) the remote connects to the dislay via a ribbon cable.

for suppliers & info try the ukspeedtrap guide at www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk and 1 for sale ....

http://pub3.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=10068746&usernum=230092428

BTW, I have now mounted the V1 display & geodessy display in the ash tray ... pic to follow.

;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom