Comand Anti Theft - GLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Guys,

Any help of how I can get around this?

On the way to the train station this morning the nav froze for a good 30 odd seconds and then restarted to which I was greeted with the anti theft message.

I cannot get to the dealer until Tuesday next week and I need to make a few travels over the weekend and the whole system is dead :-(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160129_080237.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160129_080237.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 76
Jay2512 said:
Will the MB roadside deal with this? If so will call them when I get back from London.

Probably, no harm in trying.

Will the MB roadside deal with this? If so will call them when I get back from London.

Is the car still starting and driving fine ?, if so, although convenient for you, it's not the response you'd expect from a car that telling you it's activated anti-theft. One wonders what exactly is it doing now that it's activated. Or does it think someone tried to steal the LCD display ?

Last edited:
Well on return to the car this evening all is back to normal sort of.

The comand unit looks as though it's done a full reset, no saved data, map settings all deleted, hdd music gone, Bluetooth connections gone. In addition I have a message advising the media device power consumption is to high..... Funny thing is there is nothing plugged in! Arrgggh

I've got it booked in for Tuesday, I'm hoping I haven't got another gremlin in this car!!!

Attachments

• image-3159232043.jpg
    image-3159232043.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 106
Hell Jay.

Think you have all the bad luck.

I adore technology but another example of a cars overly complex workings.

Hope you get it sorted pal.

Ant.

Hell Jay.

Think you have all the bad luck.

I adore technology but another example of a cars overly complex workings.

Hope you get it sorted pal.

Ant.

Cheers Ant. Think I may be cursed with MB cars.

I can understand the odd glitch with technology just always does it at the wrong time :-(

Yes, never a good time.

How's things with the 45? Still fighting for the keys?

Ant

I can understand the odd glitch with technology just always does it at the wrong time :-(

The nav has stopped working twice in my old C Class and both times I was in the middle of nowhere - I knew broadly where I was going but had no idea of the detail of how to get to my destination. I print a map of the immediate area now.

I know GLC is new, but the recurring issues are quite worrying....

A quick trip to the dealer has highlighted the need for a software update on the comand unit.

The has had to order a software disc from Germany??

This can happen when the most or canbus ring is disconnected, it looks at the vin in the head unit and matches it to the car, if it doesn't see it then you get the error.

Sounds like you maybe have an intermittent connection somewhere?

Have you had the car apart for anything? Maybe just need to check you have not dislodged a connector somewhere, could be anywhere from radio itself to gear shift or something.

This.....

55595d1454099497-comand-anti-theft-glc-image-3159232043.jpg

Sounds like something is not shutting down and draining your battery though.

Not had a tracker fitted or something?

This.....

Sounds like something is not shutting down and draining your battery though.

Not had a tracker fitted or something?

With this think we may have found a possible connection to the plugging in of the iphone into the USB. When ever I do that the sat nav tends to freeze after 10- 15 mins.

Didn't you have this remapped? I know it sounds daft but there is no chance of any cross electronic contamination during the mapping?

Alf Barnet said:
Didn't you have this remapped? I know it sounds daft but there is no chance of any cross electronic contamination during the mapping?

It happens once or twice prior to the remap and I just but it down to the odd glitch.

I think it's either my iPhone or a quirk in the software. The dealer was aware of an available update but needed a new disc?

Today this happened........ unit froze and took ages to reset. Dealer has a new software disc and will be sorting out next week.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160218_193447.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160218_193447.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom