Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2009/2010 (V11.0)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masterross

Car
E320 Avangarde
Hi guys,

Does anyone already have this DVD?

Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2009/2010 (V11.0)
V11.0 (MB part number A 69 827 65 59) mapping DVD for Europe. First Released Mid July 2009.

Isnt V10 the latest for that?? Not sure when that was released though....?

I've found it:
Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2009/2010 for E, SL, SLK, Maybach, S, CL, CLS

V10.0 2009/2010 Navigation DVD (Europe) for E, CLS, MY2005 SL , new SLK, Maybach, S (built 09/03->09/05), CL (built 09/03->09/06).

First available September 2009.

Thats what i thought, i was going to say check with comand ltd in surrey as they list it as above......

I've got the A169 827 65 59 ;)
If anyone need it PM me.

But I really need v10 for NTG1 (my car).
So maybe someone bought it?

Will this version provide functionality for 7 digit Postcodes?

A 2008 SLK COMAND does, and that is a NTG1 as well, so I'm hoping this version will.

I have just found NTG2 ver11 for download and it would seem that its NTG1 ver10 is the latest want me to get it and burn it off for ya??

I have just found NTG2 ver11 for download and it would seem that its NTG1 ver10 is the latest want me to get it and burn it off for ya??

I found it also but why cant get it work? Say's UPDATE and couple off minutes ago Error update 1...

I Use Maxwell DVD-R and DVD decrypter with 1Xspeed. HELP!

you could try a DVD+R, but it seems other ppl have had problems too, it has something to do with the way you burn it to the dvd..... i will find out ;)

Will this version provide functionality for 7 digit Postcodes?

A 2008 SLK COMAND does, and that is a NTG1 as well, so I'm hoping this version will.

Only if the comand unit is a model year 2009 one (NTG 2.5).

NTG 1 comand does not have seven digit postcode support.

Thats illegal:devil: and likely to cause long term damage to the laser system in the unit. This is because copied disks do not have the same reflectivity as genuine ones hence the system has to perform many more re-reads/retries to read the data. Plus it will invalidate the warranty on any comand unit.

oh ...these torrents ....:ban:

On this matter and indeed something I read elsewhere....

Are commercial re-writable disks for Computer Based application reliable enough in terms of regular use in domestic/automotive product?

I believe, and find from experience that PC's have less problem reading recordable disks that domestic products such as DVD players.

Thus, such a machine has to re-read the disk more often causing more head movement and wear in the mechanical parts. Okay on a £20 DVD player but more hassle than its worth on a £600 Comand Unit's drive?

Just my 2p to balance the tone of this thread...

Laser damage etc

Following on from Alfie's comments about laser damage from copied disks, where is the evidence for such damage ?

I'm not saying it doesn't or can't happen - just that AFAIK no other optical disk based system suffers any damage, shortened life or any other malady simply as a result of using CD or DVD copies instead of commercially produced disks. So why should a COMAND unit be any different ?

I could accept that maybe copied COMAND disks don't work as reliably as commercial ones - in the same way that CDRs don't work reliably in Audio 10 units. But if there is evidence of actual damage, as opposed to copyright issues, and Alfie has this, I think he should share it with the rest of us as it has implications for other optical disk systems too.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom