Comand APS Navigation Version for M-class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peer

Hi
I have a M-class from december 2005 (W164) with COMAND APS DVD Navigation. It was delivered with version 4.0 of the navigation DVD, and I am looking for the newest version. It has been difficult for me to find out the right version to buy, but looking for some comments about version 6.1 or 6.2 is the right one (some threads point to 5.1...)

Thanks

There are two different disks depending upon your model:

A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/Smart-4-Four 6.2 (6.3 coming soon ...)

CL/E/Maybach/S/SL/SLK/CLS 5.1 (5.2 coming soon ...)

For your M-Class you are looking for version 6.xx

masqueraid said:
There are two different disks depending upon your model:

A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/Smart-4-Four 6.2 (6.3 coming soon ...)

CL/E/Maybach/S/SL/SLK/CLS 5.1 (5.2 coming soon ...)

For your M-Class you are looking for version 6.xx

Is 6.2 for A/etc really available ? There was 1 on ebay a while back, and i've never seen it since then ...

R

Another question to masqueraid vbmenu_register("postmenu_274447", true); - what is the difference between 6.1 and 6.2 (eg. any changes to TMC)?

Hi Peer,
I collected mine from the factory and that too had version 4. Needless to say I soon pointed out that Ver 6.1 was out (thanks to the info obtained from MBCLUBUK) and that is what should be with the car.

The handover guy said that they only hand over the cars and were not geared up to change specification I then told him that after buying the latest model car I wanted the latest model disc and would not be taking delivery untill he got it for me (by the way I had spotted them in the shop beforehand so I knew they were about) anyway a few moments of silence and a steely look from me he went off and came back with the correct disk which he then put in and was supprised when the system upgraded there and then. He then appologised for not knowing this was the latest software for the car. Result for me. :D

I would try and get one for free first from your dealer.

Mark.

Peer said:
Another question to masqueraid - what is the difference between 6.1 and 6.2 (eg. any changes to TMC)?

Sorry don't know - going by my E-Class 5.0 introduced TMC, 5.1 fixed lots of bugs in 5.0 (including right-hand drive!) & was shipped about 2 months after 5.0. 5.2 seems to be due for release in November (no clues what we get with that). I would imagine the 6.xx disks mimic that pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom