Comand APS NTG2.5 version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At last........... my local MB dealer has finally fixed the IPod sound issue. Had another 2.5 hour stint in the dealers hospitality area but at least it is fixed. Not so good is that the satnav audio fade still does not work but this is minor and I am not that bothered.

David

Old thread revival - for anyone interested in the version history of COMAND NTG2.5:

Firmware und Navigationssoftware COMAND APS NTG 2.5 Seite 6 : Die Navigations-DVD Europa Version 2013 (NTG 2.5) A219 827 31 ...

2i6pgy8.png

We attempted to update my mates 8.0 and it got to 49 min remaining and it crashed, could not read disc and now its locked and says insert disc 1, then it cannot read it.
Its now locked and does nothing, tried rebooting etc and nothing.
And yes genuine disc, they did mine fine.

I can only assume there's an fault with the Optical drive unit itself...? Unless the disc was damaged or scratched after you upgrades yours.

Alfie and Richard would know what to do... they will also able to tell you if the car needs to be brought down to them www.comandonline.co.uk to revive the NTG2.5 head unit.

Did you try removing the fuse? Also, what version were you installing - 11?

If you haven't then try the fuse out for 2 minutes trick, and then try a laser cleaning DVD (or take lid off and clean by hand)

The optical drives do fail (or have trouble reading disks at certain points as laser gets a bit weak).

We see quite a few systems stuck in that state when the user has used copied disks, and it takes proper disks of the same version and a reset to sort - and i'd thus edge towards the "laser is dirty" or "laser has failed" which a disk cleaner may well sort.

The hard drives do fail (to the extent that we keep spares), but that tends to cause the system to reset (making that clonking noise from the hard-disk auto-park-heads function)

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom